Topic: level cap + bruce for hes epic

• Author
    Participant

why is lv cap 11 and iv played 78 so hours and many all my men but 1 are level 11 is it a glich am I missing something. I love your game and play much more than I should but I cant be helped its so well made.

Participant

The character level is limited to 11. So you have 10 perk points to distribute.

Participant

What if we could level more 21. And still only 10 perks

Participant

I also don’t notice a lot of difference in the stats between the sward masters and other units

Participant

Even without perks, the higher levels would result in the characters having way better stats which would really imbalance the game. They might tweak the exp-curve though, so that reaching level will be more of an achievement.

You’ll start to notice it once you keep buffing melee and defence skill, combined with perks that buff them even further (nimble, dodge, etc). A properly build sword-master can have a melee defence of well over a hundred, though you’ll always want to avoid arrows.

Participant

I would really like to see higher level caps however

if they did 1 or 2 <– attribute bonus per level afterwards only no skills just upping weapon and fatigue etc

Participant

Iv played so much I think I’m not understanding the benefit. Of the high priced guys so could you help. You stated that sword master already what about the others what are there +s

Participant

I do hope that there will be tweaks so maxing the lvl will be realy an achivement. Perhaps the max lvl could be higher stoping the perks at 10 with flat stat bonus or achiveble traits for the sellswords.

This is a difficult question since at this moment for me it feels a bit too fast, while on hard it negates a bit losing characters. The current system is 1-5 lvl faster while 6-11 slower. But… You need only 6 perks to reach tier 3 perk. Making it a fast lvl thing. Something feels a bit off.

Burgone here are all the character backgrounds.

Participant

Iv played so much I think I’m not understanding the benefit. Of the high priced guys so could you help. You stated that sword master already what about the others what are there +s

the high price guys generally start with big stat bonus’ so a Noble would have higher base weapon skill say 60 compared to a beggar who starts with 40 weapon skill

i personally dont start with any high price guys but i think if you were to shape the perfect squad of mercenaries the better start they had in life gives them an edge

however this doesnt take into account if they were born short etc

i would like to see their stats before you buy on the merc screen so you can weigh up their cost to benefit

Participant

i would like to see their stats before you buy on the merc screen so you can weigh up their cost to benefit

Was thinking about it for a bit, and while at the company creation it would be beneficial to see the starting members I belive it would take away much if you could see all the stats and traits of the recruits. It would become a min maxing hellhouse instead of take what you get and deal with it as best as you can.

While you shouldn’t be able to see all the stats, you probably could see the traits. It is not hard to see if someone is for example short or nearsighted. This would give a better reference point to players and still not take away all the fun. Sure you could spend time instead playing to calculate what stats they could probably have, but hey if thats your funtime be my guest.

Participant

Reaching max level not feeling like an achievement has less to do with the level cap itself and more with the levelling pace. It’s not a rare achievement, because the lethality of the game requires that new brothers can catch up to the higher level ones at a decent pace. Raising the level cap is not a solution to this as it would require making individual levels less valuable, as otherwise you’d get overpowered way too quickly, or buffing enemies, though that would result in the kind of gamey powerlevels that the game has been avoiding so far and make the increased level cap pointless (for example: early game enemies becoming a total joke). However, tweaking the levelling pace would have to be done very carefully, if at all, as without a decent amount of speed losing brothers becomes too much of a penalty – new recruits can never catch up, which would encourage save scumming after an important death.

I also don’t think seeing traits or stats is a good idea. The current design of the recruitment system emphasises having to roll with the hand that you are dealt. The game gives you enough information to get a decent impression of what you’re getting (gear and certain backgrounds being associated with particular traits), but there’s a always a risk factor. This keeps the player from spending too much time trying to figure out whether the gold is worth it or not, maintaining the pace of the game. It also makes for an important divide between the brothers that are yours and who you know, and the potential recruits who you don’t know yet. If you change that, you draw a lot of attention towards trying to get your money’s worth, while losing the flavour and killing the pace.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.