Topic: Miasma prevents movement

• Author
    Participant

Fighting my first undead priest in a while. Miasma interrupts units moving in, causing them to take damage. See Sir Siegfried there – black helmet, heater shield, mace. He started below my shield/sword & dagger shield bro. He moved into the space directly above my dagger bro, then stopped and took damage, as you can see in the log. I was then able to resume his movement. I don’t think that happened before, but it might be intentional.

The bigger issue, though, is that Albrecht there can’t move anywhere. Not behind him, not through my guys, nothing. Confirming the move interrupts the up & down “active unit” animation and cancels the move. Same thing happened with Reiner (throwing axe bro), but I ended his turn on reflex before I realized what happened. Attached dxdiag, log, and a screenshot.

Participant

Reloaded the autosave, will update as I figure out more details.

The plot thickens: It still happens (dagger bro there is solidly trapped), but I was able to move my bannerman (see screenshot) on the edge of the miasma away down one hex – there was a nearby auxiliary that got an attack of opportunity on me for doing so. That might have had some effect.

Participant

Downscaled screenshot slightly to make it fit upload limits. Also worth mentioning – Reiner (throwing axe bro) was able to move out as normal right after this.

Participant

Alright, well, killed the priest and waited out the miasma, but Geralt here is still stuck and unable to move.

Participant

Update: Issue is persisting for Geralt in a subsequent fight. Gonna restart the game and see if that fixes it.

Restarting the game fixed it, although there was also a hotfix that happened in the meantime. Either way, Geralt is now flinging himself into danger again just fine. I’ll endeavor to update again the next time I see an ancient priest if I have it happen again. And if the hotfix solved things, thanks! :)

Keymaster

The hotfix did indeed take care of this issue.

Overhype Studios - follow us!
    Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

Yay! Thank you! :D

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.