Topic: More ideas for quests/contracts

• Author
    Participant

Sadly I couldn´t find the thread we already had regarding locations and additional quests.
    Maybe it wouldn´t be a bad Idea to open up some subforums for special discussions like Quests, balancing and things like this to find the things you are looking for and get more order. Right now it is hard to find a thread that is some days old. The search engine sadly doesn´t help either ;)
    Ok now to the quests.
    Have you ever thought about villagers calling for your help against a brawler guy occupying there tavern? If you choose to take the job there are several options you have. Either go on him with all your men and just kill him for meager pay as it is just a simple contract or challenge him in a duel fistfight. This would not be a fight to the death. You had to choose one of you guys to be your fighter. You already need to make a deployment screen where you have to see which stats and euipment and skills your mercs have, to choose them for battle when you have more then 12 guys. So this would come in handy for a quest like this. Both fighters would fight without armor and weapons. So you would need to make a tough choice. Which of your mercs would be the best fistfighter. You´d have to take max fatique, melee att and melee def + max hp into account aswell as resolve. If your merc reaches 0 hp he is not dead but unconscious, if he flees you also loose the fight. If this happens you fail the contract. If you win there are some possible options. Either you have room in you group and he might join you or you don´t have and he just has to collect together all his belongings (which he does not have with him in the tavern, so winning the fistfight should be more rewarding than just killing him) and has to give them to you before he is thrown out of town.
    Duels to the death could also have their place. Think of a bandidleader who cares for his men and has atleast some kind of honor. Your troops would be able to kill off them all but maybe not without taking casualties. So he comes foward to you asking for a duel as it is his head you are ordered to bring back to town. He wants his men to be saved. You may or may not accept that offer. If you do you get a duel to the death leading you to the above mentioned deployment screen to choose your champion, if not you have to fight them all as usual. So if he wins, you either have to leave them alone failing the contract or loose honor and still attack them (there was this other thread regarding 2 reputations -> something like honor/morality and the other one rep for getting jobs done). If you win you don´t have to fight the other bandids and can return to town to get your reward. They want to get away and stop robbing, atleast this is what they tell you. Now you can let them go or just fight them aswell and loose honor (you had a deal with the leader to let them go).

"I am a Paladin!"
    >OMG, Malthus, there are no damn paladins in Battle Brothers...<
    "OK, OK! Then I´m a wrecked down minstrel drunkard pretending to be a paladin, singing so wrong in the midst of battle that even the undead run in fear... Better?!"

Participant

The second one I mentioned would not be as out of place as many may think. Trial by combat was a common practice in medival times. Here are some more informations http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trial_by_combat (or in german for those who do not speak english that well http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerichtskampf)
    This has also been very well displayed in game of thrones for several times though with the difference that these fights also could be fought by surrogates (i hope this is the right word in this case). Do you remember the fight between Ser Vardis and Bronn?

"I am a Paladin!"
    "OK, OK! Then I´m a wrecked down minstrel drunkard pretending to be a paladin, singing so wrong in the midst of battle that even the undead run in fear... Better?!"

Participant

You mean this thread?
    From how it’s been described, the event system should have something akin to this – there was an example of a knight being challenged to a duel. It’s just not been impemented yet, so we’ve no clear idea on how it works in practice. :P Could be that they’re planning for the battle the be fought through checks and have it only take place in text, or they might have an actual fight take place.
    You’re called someone’s ‘second’ if you could stand in for them when dueling. They could do something with that like have it be a part of a questline where some noble wants to hire you to fight a duel for him. Lose and your man, win and you piss of the other noble with more quests as a result.

Participant

Exactly that was the thread I was talking about. Didn´t know anymore what its headline was and didn´t find it then.

Thanks for letting me know the right word ;)

"I am a Paladin!"

Participant

I actually did some thinking and remembered that the second COULD get involved, but was also kind of an assistant who set up the fight and took care of the formalities. I’m not sure if there is a specific term for someone who fights as your representative in a duel. :P Maybe just representative? Or champion. Champion sounds logical enough.

Participant

Hey, that sounds like two cool ideas. A tavern-fight would be so awesome!

There should be a subforum only for suggestions, while this subforum is for discussions on the game and the stuff that is already implemented.

Keymaster

Ill try to create that forum tomorrow. Dont want all those great ideas to be lost :)

Regarding duels: of course we want them to be fought on a mini- combatmap!

Overhype Studios - Let´s roll!

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

Think of a deadly tavern fight. Spring on the table to get the height advantage xD
    I´m very curious what you will come up with^^

"I am a Paladin!"

Keymaster

Haha, man theres so much fun stuff to add!

Overhype Studios - Let´s roll!

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.