Topic: Option to accelerate the game

• Author
    Participant

I’m a huge fan of battle brothers, but walking around looking for contracts is boring and is keeping me from playing this game now. It’s even worse when you waste resources walking from one city to another and it takes 1 day just so you get there and discover that there is nothing for you. It would be good to be able to make the game faster, so we could skip the boring parts.

Participant

Yeah. I agree. There are so many great aspects to the game that make me want to keep playing for prolonged periods of time (sometimes the greater part of several days on end), but, the more I play, the more frustrated I also become with the few monotonous/annoying aspects of the game, of which this is one. It’s not the squandering of resources that I mind; it’s just the continual going slowly back and forth around the same sequences of settlements, once the greater part of the map is revealed, looking for non-graveyard/caravan 3-skull contracts and/or level-4/5 recruits and/or rare items for sale. Sometimes, if you’re lucky with map generation, this isn’t so much of a problem, since there may be lots of ports all around the world which you can use to get wherever you want in a short amount of time.

Another annoying thing: when you enter a settlement for the first time in a while and spot a level-5 recruit or a rare item that costs a high proportion of your current crowns, and you think “I’ll just go and ransack settlement A or fulfil contract B first, and then come back to recruit/buy after selling off a new lot of loot”, but then you come back a day or so later and the recruit/item has already disappeared. Soo irritating and a good incentive to not use ironman mode!

Participant

I want to agree, but also disagree.
    When I first played, I also wonder why there aren’t a fast travel option, much like the camping-time-speed-up. But the more played, it feel more as part of the game, in which it elevate the risk-and-reward aspect of it (the cost and the time are like chips you put on the table).

As a game, I feel should allow a option for people to turn it on and off. But should also have a “true-game mode”, where the setting are set to how the dev would intend you to play.

However, I feel one part that could enhance more is the information and the tavern/bar tender interaction. Could add more information like what nearby town is asking (and how to better deal with negotiation), difficulties, if a rare item or hire appears, if a change in market demand of particular goods, etc.

Participant

The way the game currently goes, faster walking would increase the risk, because you’d have less time to pause/react in response to suddenly appearing enemy parties. I’m assuming that the appearance/movement of enemy parties etc. would increase proportionally.

Participant

This has to be like the number one requested feature…I simply don’t get why this hasn’t been added into the game yet. Mount and Blade had it like eons ago when dinosaurs still roamed the earth.

Participant

Just in case you missed it:
    Check the latest dev blog.

Dev Blog #97: Getting There

Participant

This thread came out before the latest update ;) and no, we didn’t miss it ;) cuz we love this game =)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.