Topic: Paul´s Art Corner

• Author
    Participant

Is there any text which will describe how Davkul looks like? My fantasy is pretty broken by Warhammer 40k, so my guess since you get that flesh armor, that Davkul looks like Nurgle, Chaos God of Decay. I really want to know how he looks like, atleast some glimbse by some cultist describing what he saw when Davkul calls him.

Keymaster

Hey Nobal,
    actually there are almost no references to what he looks like. I know that he himself only shows in one Event where he speaks to the player:
    “The tent melts away, slipping into the folds of an immense and immutable darkness. The cultist is gone. In his place is a black cloak, its arms to your shoulders, a slate of granite for a head, its edges chipped and cracking. It appears there is something behind this mask, behind this futile effort to keep your mind safe from its true visage. A voice speaks, a guttural, booming voice that is yet narrowed into a brutish whisper only for you to hear.”

There are lost of quotes and discussions on the topic in the forum:(contains Spoilers)
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/365360/discussions/0/3247565033759127870/

Cheers!

Overhype Studios - Let´s roll!

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Keymaster

Now is this cool or what? Handmade wood and leather BB shield :)

Shield

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Keymaster

A fellow artist asked me some questions about how I paint, so I threw together a few compilations to illustrate my workflow.

Heres a progress compilation for one of the new Origin Illustrations:
    http://battlebrothersgame.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/painting-illustration.jpg

And one for the main Keyvisual with short remarks regarding the steps:
    http://battlebrothersgame.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/painting_progress.jpg

And one for an ingame asset:
    Hammer

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

Very cool Paul !!! Are you a craftsman aswell as an artist ? :))

I am enjoying the DLC i think you did awesome art work on it. I have one question which is a bit of vanity but….. do you remember I made multiple suggestions and a thread to suggest for the “armored unhold” and you replied in this thread saying you loved the idea and imagining what the art for this enemy would appear like. Then I saw it in the DLC and I was Overhyped ! haha. I was wondering if my suggestions had caused inspiration for this scary enemy. Thanks again and well done!

"A plethora of peasents"

Participant

Woah, that shield is awesome!

Participant

Always nice to have more insight into your drawing process! Thanks, Paul! I really liked the Nachzehrer in the background :) !

Keymaster

Very cool Paul !!! Are you a craftsman aswell as an artist ? :))

Haha no way. A pretty talented dude from Scotland made it. It#s a birthday present from my dad.

UNIQUE SCOTTISH GIFTS, PRODUCTS, SOUVENIRS – SCOTTISH SHIELDS

Regarding the armored Unhold I have to say the basic inspiration came from the Lord of the Rings movies where some pretty cool armored trolls show up. But apart from that it never hurts to check some suggestions. If people already talk about something we also came up with, chances are high that it’s a good thing to do.

Cheers!

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

Paul I added one very small art request in suggestions threads on forum. Would be cool if you gave thread a look.
    In summary, since whip added a few enemies do a punch attack and the punch uses human hand art. It is a bit
    immersion breaking. I like how the Unhold has a fist image. I think there should be a generic Greenskin fist attack
    and generic skeleton fist attack symbol. Not a big deal but would be cool for consistency of the art. Cheers. :)

"A plethora of peasents"

Participant

Awesome graphics, so nice, neat and lovely! Sometimes I pause the game just to enjoy the view.

It’s quite sad that no battle in locations are implemented (

"That's it! Run away!"

Participant

Hey Paul! I’m curious, have you ever considered adding in more colored variants of existing armors, sort of like what the Mail Hauberk has with its’ 6 or so variants? I threw together a little mock-up of what some gambeson variants could look like too, to get what I’m saying across a little bit better.

Attachments:
    Keymaster

Paul I added one very small art request in suggestions threads on forum. Would be cool if you gave thread a look.
    In summary, since whip added a few enemies do a punch attack and the punch uses human hand art. It is a bit
    immersion breaking. I like how the Unhold has a fist image. I think there should be a generic Greenskin fist attack
    and generic skeleton fist attack symbol. Not a big deal but would be cool for consistency of the art. Cheers. :)

Hey Force,
    as always no promises, but I’ll add it to my “maybe list” :)

Awesome graphics, so nice, neat and lovely! Sometimes I pause the game just to enjoy the view.

It’s quite sad that no battle in locations are implemented (

Hey Dare Wolf,
    we planned to implement battle locations many times before. The problem is that the feature is very work heavy and adds mostly immersion instead of actual gameplay features or playable content. Nevertheless it would be awesome, no doubt about it. So it’s also on the “maybe list” :)

Hey Paul! I’m curious, have you ever considered adding in more colored variants of existing armors, sort of like what the Mail Hauberk has with its’ 6 or so variants? I threw together a little mock-up of what some gambeson variants could look like too, to get what I’m saying across a little bit better.

Hey Pixel, of course we thought about that. The mockup looks pretty cool. The issue is, that it’s still some work as all the assets have to be put together manually and as I mentioned before it’s always the question: What benefits the game most, where should I invest my time? All Assets also have to be implemented and organized by our programmer. So the hurdles are not very high, but still more work than changing some colors :)

Cheers!

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

Thanks Paul, remember we ask questions because we love the game and all your awesome work ! Well done!

"A plethora of peasents"

Participant

hey paul! i recently drew some bascinet variants for modding purposes by painting over the ingame bascinet.

however i couldnt find any high resolution images of the bascinet itself so i had to resort to blowing it up resulting in a slightly lower quality image. would it be possible to have the HD files for these?

Keymaster

Hey Shkimmilk,
    these look pretty awesome!
    No problem, here’s the original asset:
    helmets

Cheers!

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Viewing 15 posts - 1,621 through 1,635 (of 1,776 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.