Topic: Paul´s Art Corner

• Author
    Participant

Will we see more colour variants of same armors? For example, the Heraldic mail, will we see greens, red, blues and so on?

Participant

Well, I can see a striking resemblance

Keymaster

For example, the Heraldic mail, will we see greens, red, blues and so on?

Absolutely. I am going to adress this during the worldmap rework.

Well, I can see a striking resemblance…

Haha, especially the face :)

Overhype Studios - Let´s roll!

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Keymaster

Will we get some kind or headwear for lumberjacks as well, like headband?

The problem with headbands (and all open helmets/hats for that matter), is that at the moment the “helmet layer” replaces the “hair” layer. We would have to adjust the whole system to make both layers visible at the same time. May be we will do this eventually so we can have proper hats and half open helmets with the hair showing.

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Inactive

I really love your work PsenBattle.
    Please marry me, i want to bear your children.
    (Okay that’s a bit exaggerated, but still. You are the soul of this game. By the way, will the digital lore book contain some of your art ? It better be !)

Keymaster

By the way, will the digital lore book contain some of your art ? It better be !)

Thanks man, I feel flattered :)
    Of course everything in there will be painted by yours truly :)

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Inactive

By the way, will the digital lore book contain some of your art ? It better be !)

Thanks man, I feel flattered :)
    Of course everything in there will be painted by yours truly :)

Oh boy, thank you ! *Start throwing money at the supporter edition*

Keymaster

Whats better to start off a monday morning than showing some reworked Orcs?
    Cheers!
    Orc Rework

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

The Orcs are superbly reworked!!! Although, we seem a bit stuck on the “greenskin” concept here, I highly suggest you do some grey-skinned orcs as well for variety and (if you push it you could even get 2 factions) it will be easy to “refilter” the same textures to grey but bring a lot of eye candy

Participant

Hey guys,
    thanks for all the kind words, that really helps me out right now.
    I pushed the number of armors in the game from 23 (before the rework) to 40. Although this includes some color variations its still quite a jump :)
    Unfortunately the fun part (painting the armors) is over and I am now working on the dead body versions of all armors which is not fun at all.
    Thats why there is nothing fancy to show today, well see if there is something tomorrow.

Also, a question, is there a nasal with closed ventail (mail?)

The helmet rework is still pending, I may add that helmet (no promise though :)

do those colored and clothed variants ever made it into the game?

I didnt forget about these. I will try to get them back into the game with the big worldmap and factions rework.

… now, about that skunk in the heraldry

The new banner system got put on hold for now as “nice to have”. I may take suggestions for Banner Emblems when I start working on the final system. I’ll let you guys know.
    Cheers!

Any chance of throwing the odd bascinet or barbut in? Both were present during the 11th and 12th century and they would bring both nice gameplay variety and fit in the armour scale.

HELMS

Keymaster

Any chance of throwing the odd bascinet or barbut in?

Of course I considered these, but thought they appeared pretty late (1400+). If you have any infos on their first appearance I might reconsider :)

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

New orcs remind me of goblins. I guess it’s a good thing, because both races are kin.

Participant

Any chance of throwing the odd bascinet or barbut in?

Of course I considered these, but thought they appeared pretty late (1400+). If you have any infos on their first appearance I might reconsider :)

The bascinet with the pointy nose visor is deinitely late 14th, early 15th century, not sooner. Totally out of place with the 11th century Battle Brothers…

Participant

Orcs and before the patch was my favorite enemies – I am very honored and would like to hired a couple o orc warriors in my party of farmers …
    New orcs look much the more detailed and more harshly – I like it.
    The only thing that I think would like to see- orc warriors and berserkers especially should be in my opinion is much more massive than ordinary young orcs. and may be some tattoos or body paint on Berserk? and smaller ears :)

Participant

The new orcs look awesome. The next patch will feel like a totally new game^^.

When the greater evil mechanic is implemented will the faction that is choosen to be the greater evil get some more diffent units with better equip or something like that so that it is not only the numbers that make the greater evil greater?

For the orcs i could imagine something like this:

Normal orcs are fearsome strong warriors like these guys http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120301220614/lotr/images/e/eb/Uruk-hai_scouts.jpg I think this picture comes really close to Battle Brothers´orcs

If they are the greater evil you should see this not only in there numbers but also in the kind of troops they deploy. Think of even better armored troops. They do not neccessarily be stronger. Even the casual young orcs could get their upgraded versions. So that greater evil orc armies would then go more into this direction : http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120304102722/lotr/images/f/f5/Group_of_Uruk-Hai.jpg.jpg

"I am a Paladin!"
    >OMG, Malthus, there are no damn paladins in Battle Brothers...<
    "OK, OK! Then I´m a wrecked down minstrel drunkard pretending to be a paladin, singing so wrong in the midst of battle that even the undead run in fear... Better?!"

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 1,776 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.