Topic: Paul´s Art Corner

• Author
    Participant

It would be really nice, when involved in a battle that has a noble of one of the noble houses present, that the sound of fanfares would open that battle (and orc horns would open a battle with the orcs).

Participant

Hey Psen. GreaT ART like always.
    I am not personally not a big fan of horned helmets. Will you give us non horned version as well?
    Also do you separate tabards from armor or the banner-man have just tabarded version of gambeson?

Participant

it’s not quite the horned helmet that I had in mind, but a start, huh, Paul? (Thanks, aliens)
    I would like to see something like this :) ( pic №1)
    although we all know that in fact it was like that :) (pic №2)
    how else looks fine, the man who carries a banner – it will be an addition to morality on the battlefield, as I understand it?

Keymaster

Hehe I know what you are talking about :)
    It was poking fun at you regarding the horned helmets.

The crested knight helmet will be the only horned helmet I’m afraid. But there is more crazy crest stuff.
    How about a knight with a castle on his helmet? Here you go!

Castle knight

Overhype Studios - Let´s roll!

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Keymaster

Also do you separate tabards from armor or the banner-man have just tabarded version of gambeson?

The Tabards are put on top of the normal armors. This will be a unique feature for the AI human factions for now. Implementing another Inventory slot for the player means a bunch of UI work which we cant deal with at the moment. Same goes for the Noble House banners. They add unique combat mechanics for the noble houses just like the goblin overseer or the undeads necromancer add mechanics to their according factions.
    Knights Helmets and shields will be lootable though.

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

It looks like the Noble Houses will really feel a lot more like actual factions, not just generic enemies. I wonder if Orcs and Goblins get the same kind of treatment or will their distinction be limited to banners only? How about some paint job on shields? As far as I can recall shields are blank, but giving them insignia of a specific clan (with color, ideally) would help. You know, something like this.

I am glad to see the standard-bearer, but I wonder how impactful will it be in actual tactical combat. Because I think that the idea of killing an Orc Warboss or a Goblin Overseer is not really working too well in terms of helping to break down enemy morale. In practice it takes way too much effort for little to no tactical gain.

Keymaster

I wonder if Orcs and Goblins get the same kind of treatment or will their distinction be limited to banners only?

I want to do exactly that, but cant promise (time constraints etc). As Orc clans will tend to fight a lot among each other it would be very nice to give them a variety of looks.

Standard bearers will have a big impact on the morale and combat performance of the human fighters. Of course taking them down doesnt win you the battle, but it should help quite a bit. Together with the new human factions all other factions will get a balancing/progression overhaul during the worldmap rework. We will have a close look on the faction specific units and their impact on the battlefield.

Cheers!

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

I have only one question: how can I upgrade my Steam version of the game to Supporter Edition?

Keymaster

Thats great to hear!
    Do you have the Deluxe Version or the normal version?

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

The normal version.

Keymaster

There is a special buy option on the Steam Store page when you scroll down a little. Right below the normal buy options.
    “Buy Battle Brothers Supporter Upgrade”

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

I must be either blind or stupid… I was looking at the page the whole time and still didn’t realize the difference between the third and the fourth option. Anyway, upgraded. It’s simply worth it, seeing how you go above and beyond each time I think you reached the objective and yet you still keep pouring more and more content.

Participant

It’s simply worth it, seeing how you go above and beyond each time I think you reached the objective and yet you still keep pouring more and more content.

Very true! It’s why it seemed such a nobrainer to go the supporter router once I found this game. Thanks for all the hard work!

In a single player game, there's no such thing as cheating. It's merely "creative manipulation of the default settings"!

Keymaster

Thanks for the support guys!
    And thanks for your patience. Although this update is taking a loong time, it will be totally worth it. When this comes out you will finally get the first impression of what Battle Brothers is really going to be like :)

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

any update of Battle Brothers – is to wait. If you guys thinks that the update should come out in a few months- so we will wait a few months. I personally trust the developers. I have realized that their updates – this is like is my favorite car – Volkswagen Amarok – expensive, seriously and permanently :)

Viewing 15 posts - 526 through 540 (of 1,776 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.