Topic: Paul´s Art Corner

• Author
    Keymaster

But it’s those little things that create a negative perception of an image. Like the smoke from the chimneys against the wind on the starting picture.

True, I changed the sails on the ships, so it should fit now. Reason for this is, that the smoke from the chimneys was a last minute addition and I simply overlooked the sails of the ships….

Shipos

Is it just me or do these lakes look a bit wrong?

The lakes can look wrong (just like in the picture you attached). I think its okay for now though. Creating the whole world with its tiles and details to have it at least somehow resemble a real, organic landscape is an immense task and I’m pretty proud oif what we achieved although there obviously is still a lot of room for improvement. We have to draw the line somewhere though and move on to new tasks.
    Maybe we’ll have another polishing pass on the worldmap someday :)

Cheers!

Overhype Studios - Let´s roll!

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

nice) is not lost vectors visual motion) in direction of the sunrise.) From cozy and warm, safe, and secure to the unknown and dangerous, adventure.) . excellent work.

Participant

Loving the new shields, weapons, and undead… I am really eager for weapon visuals, I don’t know why, but there is a certain degree of hidden character building there that encompasses the whole Battle Brothers experience

Participant

Dear Paul, may I ask how at the present moment are going with banner’s generator for the player? Are there any prospects and plans? Just have a few promising ideas and suggestions from group of fans in this regard, but I think whether their meaning upload forum, if the question with banners – negative.

Keymaster

Hey there,
    right now I am working on the combat environments. This will be my focus until its done, which still may take some time. As soon as I move onto the banners (no ETA yet) I will let you guys know :)

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

Hey there,
    right now I am working on the combat environments. :)

Friday’s blog?) any news with pictures?)

Keymaster

Fridays Blog will contain more than just pictures if everything runs smoothly *wink wink*

Its still pretty WIP but heres a pic of the Tundra Environment:
    Tundra

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

Interestingly, here is the great stone and a small stone – they will be different in terms of tactical games- like I can hit through the small stone by halberd or shoot a bow and a large stone will completely protect my wounded brother from an ” too lucky enemy archer” (that he did not die from ” miss ” by mercenary on a nearby hex :) )

Trees and stones look perfect! But I think the border between green and red grass too harsh/sharp.

Participant

By the way you didn’t think to add the elements generating the fields of battle with a random substitution of some elements (barriers) depending on the event? say in the battle in the cemetery bushes(liltrees)-graves (crosses, gravestones) trees-monuments, Orc camp of some trees-the staves/banners shrubs, stumps, etc. Small details that convey the atmosphere of the place.

Participant

Trees and stones look perfect! But I think the border between green and red grass too harsh/sharp.

the atmosphere of the tundra ( in this case, the average or south) – contrast color
    http://stawrus.gallery.ru/watch?ph=TWN-fE54x

Keymaster

Small details that convey the atmosphere of the place.

The plan looks like this:
    First: I paint all the basic environments with the according organic elemnts (rocks, trees, grass etc).
    Second: I paint all kind of constructed assets to convey the actual place where the fight is happening (tombstones, crypts, campfires, tents etc).
    We will see how far we can take this as there are still some programming issues to be solved to make the implementation of objects possible which cover more than 1 tile. But I’m positiv that we will find a solution!

Cheers!

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

Cant wait for more :) Yours art is great!

All life's problems can be solved with a bayonet charge.

Participant

Cant wait for more :) Yours art is great!

Interesting insight! Makes us realize BB’s great looks are hand painted by you tile by tile :p

Participant

the atmosphere of the tundra ( in this case, the average or south) – contrast color
    http://stawrus.gallery.ru/watch?ph=TWN-fE54x

My thoughts exactly. Most landscapes actually have that sharp of a demarcation between either different plants, or areas killed off by disease or pests.
    Paul, what has really impressed me all along is how you manage to keep the battle landscape from looking too hexagonal.

I haven’t seen any of the weird lakes. I imagine that sort of thing is hard to ferret out. (Hmmm … ferret … related to SKUNKS! Unsubtle hint! :-P Don’t make me mention how I got the developers edition right off, and how many times I’ve gifted this game! ;-) Well, don’t pay attention to that. If you do include the stinky critter as a banner option, it should be because you liked the suggestion, and it doesn’t wildly clash with the vision you guys have.)

That opening landscape reminds me so much of late afternoon looking out over Lake Erie, or Lake Ontario. Also, the sky treatment reminds me a little of the Hudson Valley School. Sweet job.

In a single player game, there's no such thing as cheating. It's merely "creative manipulation of the default settings"!

Viewing 15 posts - 646 through 660 (of 1,777 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.