Topic: Paul´s Art Corner

• Author
    Participant

Here’s the finished piece:
    Merc

Haha. This one is great.
    BTW Do we get access to this and other pictures somewhere?

Participant

Hi Paul, just linking you this (food for thoughts):
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/365360/discussions/0/361798516964973472/
    The event pictures are awesome! The grim and gritty is almost shinning ^^

Keymaster

BTW Do we get access to this and other pictures somewhere?

Good question.
    There will be the digital art/lore book once the game is finished, but it will not contain an extensive collection of original sized artworks.
    My idea is to create a new category in the “media” tab where I upload as many full size artworks as possible.
    I’ll see to that soon!

Hi Paul, just linking you this (food for thoughts):
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/365360/discussions/0/361798516964973472/

A lot of people like the new banners, but also want their old ones back. I can understand that as they already got used and attached to them.
    The thing is though, that the old banners where pretty close to heraldic banners used by nobility. This implied the feeling of playing an aspiring noble leader which is absolutely not the case in our game.
    But we will see, theres still some time and I suppose I will add more banners now and then. Maybe even with another little contest here in the thread, it was a lot of fun.

Cheers!

Overhype Studios - Let´s roll!

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

So, final “no” to any baners generator?

Keymaster

So, final “no” to any baners generator?

Lets make that a 95% no :)

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

Ok, in new patch i see 3 miss from 4 hits with 90% very often. So – baner generator have more chance to be then not )

Participant

A wolf banner next please I love wolfes. Something of this kind would be cool.

Attachments:

"I am a Paladin!"
    >OMG, Malthus, there are no damn paladins in Battle Brothers...<
    "OK, OK! Then I´m a wrecked down minstrel drunkard pretending to be a paladin, singing so wrong in the midst of battle that even the undead run in fear... Better?!"

Participant

Paul, i must say you personal “thanks” for Norse Champion’s helmet…it.. like 2 blades – axe, but helmet )

Participant

Unfortunately i cannot edit my earlier post so i have to post it again.

Paul, you said before that you wanted to have the mercenary banners to look more different from the noble banners. So the first thing that comes to my mind is: Are those mercs artists? Do they waste there hard earned money on artists to make them a professional banner? (with professional i mean cleanly sewn and very detailed motives)

I would think no, they would improvise something. Take an okayish looking piece of cloth handpaint something on it with whatever color you can find and mount is on a stick or cross. And then if your merc likes it very fancy decorate it with a small trophy you made on your adventures. This is how i came to my standard. I love what you did already but it would be even more awesome if i could get this as well :)

Attachments:

"I am a Paladin!"
    >OMG, Malthus, there are no damn paladins in Battle Brothers...<
    "OK, OK! Then I´m a wrecked down minstrel drunkard pretending to be a paladin, singing so wrong in the midst of battle that even the undead run in fear... Better?!"

Participant

I guess i joined the forum just a tad bit late to take part in the banner discussion.

One of the companies I enjoy playing is called “Crowmen”, directly inspired by one of your old banners. The yellow one with five crows on it. The Crowmen currently flags the Widowmaker-banner, but they would love to reunite under a new version of their trusted tattered standard, with their mark, the crow.

The Crowmen are a ragtag bunch of thieves, beggars, graverobbers and killers on the run. They do not fight for a noble cause, neither for fame nor glory. Crowmen assemble under their banner because they have nowhere else to turn. They fight to survive, for a meager sense of purpose and to belong to some sort of fellowship. They fight because it is the one thing they know how to do fairly well. And like the scavenging birds that follow in their wake, they too find bits and pieces that will feed their stomachs among the dead of the battlefield.

So. Both me and a bunch of Crowmen hope that the ragged banner of the crow will return one day. Until then they will continue their journeys across the land, looking for spoils of war and any man desperate enough to join their ranks.

Attachments:
    Keymaster

Hey guys,
    I’m not adding player banners at the moment. When the time comes, Ill let you know.
    I started adding a lot of full size images to the Media Library. It’s not a complete compilation, but I will try to add as many pictures as I can.

Here’s a little preview for the final enemy banners:
    Banners

Cheers!

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

i like № 8.
    It is “Take contract for 3 skulls for greenskins on deadly”…

Participant

Wooooha!!! As always amazing job. Those old ragged banners from previous verions of the game… ;)

Keymaster

Hey guys here’s a little random teaser:
    teaser

And an update on the banners. Cheers!

Banners

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

Amazing work as always Psen! I guess the banners are as following:

1: Orcs

2: Goblins

3: Wiedergänger heer

4: Ancient dead

Really love the goblin banners and the bascinet in game is awesome!

Viewing 15 posts - 946 through 960 (of 1,776 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.