Topic: Question on Bandit hideout

• Author
    Participant

I’ve got a quest to eradicate certain bandit hideout. When I came there for the first time it was listed as Hard (or something like that, a step above Challenging). I have waited a bit near the place and part of garrison went out as Challenging group, attacked my team and I won. After that I went to attack the place as difficulty was listed as Puny at the moment. But at the beginning of encounter, difficulty changed to Challenging. So my question is that a normal behavior due to my pending quest or some bug?

Participant

The Hideout (and all the other “headquarters” type places, friendly and enemy) is actually a dynamic location, so when they send out a patrol, units are deducted from the total at the Hideout, thus reducing its difficulty.

Participant

Yes, but my question is actually about difficulty raising back at the moment of my attack. It was Puny when patrol left and it became Challenging at the moment I came to it after killing the patrol. There were no other bandit patrols in the vicinity,

Participant

So you saw the difficulty change on screen, while there were no reinforcements nearby? I haven’t seen that before. Could be a bug. You should see if it recurs and post the log in the bug section if it does.

Participant

So you saw the difficulty change on screen, while there were no reinforcements nearby? I haven’t seen that before. Could be a bug. You should see if it recurs and post the log in the bug section if it does.

I’ll keep watch for it. My guess is that it could be caused by pending quest for eradication of this hideout, so it refills the population as I come to it. Anyway, looks strange and a bit wrong.

Participant

I saw an impossible undead thing become even. Did click to see the enemy numbers while impossible and when even, both times it was the same. Some skeletal guards and many fallen heroes. Now I have no idea how that could be even close to even to my lvl 1-3 ten man band. But just to see how close I could get to win the fight went in. Yeah… About that… Killed 2 skeletal guards before was wiped. Even being on a hill with onlt 2 approach points there was no chance to ever defeating that amount of enemies.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.