Topic: [UI] Some suggestions for the UI

• This topic has 7 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Avatar photoSpad.
  • Author
    Participant

Hello,
    After some hours playing the game, I’ve got some ideas about the UI.
    1) In the roster management screen, I saw we can sort or filter by type the equipment. But there is nothing for our men… It would be very helpful to sort my band by rank, by skills (to see who have the best melee skill by instance…) or by perks.
    2) Again about the roster : actually, our men are displayed by the date they were hired in the band. I dream to be able to manually rearrange this to select myself the order. For instance, in first all those who are wearing a plated armor or a crossbow… Take an icon of one man to put it between two others with the mouse, very helpful I think.
    NB: point 1 and 2 are not exactly the same thing. It would be great to be able to do the both.
    3) End combat screen : could we have a recap there ? Especially for the dead. A link to the character’s sheet would be nice, so we can see the level, the skills path of the dead units.

EDIT: one more : 4) What can I do if a man want a raise in the middle of nowhere and I don’t remember if he’s one my best men ? Could it be doable to have a button to access the roster when these kind of events pops ?

Thx

Participant

Another suggestions for the UI completely unrelated to first post:

1. Could it be possible to have worldmap’s Daytime indicator visible while in town?
    It might help to know when to expect next paytime – is it close or not, and can you afford to spend these scarce crowns you have left or should you sell something instead..

2. Related to 1st entry, Tooltip for Crowns doesn’t display total daily wage if amount you have is less than that, and same for Provisions if you have less than two days amount (which is weird, should be 1 day, especially since it’s consumed gradually, not as one time payment).
    I think this information should be displayed regardless of having enough food and money (and warning if you lack it), just to be able to know how much you need to scrape your pockets in market to survive one more day.

Participant

Hope the Ui gets reworked nicely. As of now it is very very basic.

Participant

I like it the way it is, maybe just a bit more polish and usability improvements here and there.
    I’m even sceptical about “fully skinned UI”, but time will tell how good it is.

What parts of UI are lacking (and what exactly) in your opinion ?

Participant

@Sky : Same question as Rahziel.
    In my opinion, it’s essentially a lack of features. I don’t need “shiny” things.

Participant

As it was said multiple times over and over, the UI is the last thing to be worked on. If the roadmap and goals are still the same then there are a lot of features not implemented.

From the current stuff that is in already I’d for example would like to have not separated menus for items and perks but to see them in the same window. It is an unnecessary clicking step that could be easily avoided. There is lots of room around. Also being able to move characters around, having the time gold and other items displayed aswell. Maybe even current job and some faction reputations. It is good to have them in different specific windows with more deep info, but a summary on the main management screen would be nice. The more info you have aviable the simplier it is to manage. The less clicks you have to do switching between windows (mostly stash/perks) the better it is.

Next is the town / recruiting / market / equipping items chain that is a bit of pain to press million buttons. You go get your recruits then you go check their gear stats figure out what to do with them then have to remember what you have to buy then go to market(then smiths) buy them and if some things are missing go in equipment equip things and see what else to buy then again to the items etc. That is a lot of clicking that can be aboided. It could be much more simplier if for example the town window would be moved to a side and the other would be the stash with brothers so you could manupulate them independently. This way it would be a lot more convinient. A good UI is a UI with maximum information and minimum busy work.

Participant

I agree with you on point that it takes a lot of clicking to organize a party, and a lot of different windows side by side could be nice and practical on big 1920*1080 (16:9) or higher resolution screen, but what about 1280*960 (4:3), or worse yet smallest supported 1024*768 – how would you fit in it all there? Try it and see how it looks in window mode.

As it is now UI made to fit and look good even on smallest available resolution. And i think Devs did a darn good job of fitting it all togather.

Participant

As it was said multiple times over and over, the UI is the last thing to be worked on. If the roadmap and goals are still the same then there are a lot of features not implemented.

Oh, sorry, I got the game last week-end and I haven’t read yet all the other threads on the forum… I’m going to search for the roadmap.
    Thank you for your answer ^^

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.