Topic: World Map Update( 29/02/2016).Discussion

• Author
    Participant

As an aside: one thing I’m trying to decide presently is whether or not Perfect Focus is still worth taking. It seems to still be fine on melee characters, but archers feel pretty lackluster with it right now. The nerf was needed, though; at least there’s an actual limit on how many shots you can fire in a round now.

The offense tree is still useful, but the top tier feels a little lackluster. Killing Frenzy is probably the better of the two options, but I’m going to run a company with Perfect Focus and the horn blowers before I run a rampaging horde of berserkers. Tier 2 Offense seems to be in a good place still.

I’m actually thinking that an archer could spend 8 points in Offense before dipping into other trees. Since Battle Flow doesn’t equate to infinite fatigue anymore and Perfect Focus has real limits, it feels to me that an Archer would want to take the following:
    Sundering Strikes
    Executioner
    Head Hunter
    Fast Adaption
    Bullseye
    Killing Frenzy
    Close Combat Archer
    Berserk

And then you’d take these two traits from Utility:

Bags and Belts
    Quick Hands

For obvious reasons.

Now, if Weapon Master in the utility tree provided more fatigue reduction, I’d consider archers with Perfect Focus more seriously. The trouble I ran into is that Quick Shot costs 30 fatigue when you use Perfect Focus. Even if your archer has 120 fatigue, he’s going to be drained completely in 4 shots, and then he’ll need a LOT of turns of horn blowing to get back to the point where he can fight like a normal person again. But if Weapon Master was stronger, it might still be worth doing, as you’d still have fatigue left over.

Interestingly, the one type of Battle Brother who still benefits a LOT from having Perfect Focus is the two-handed weapons guy. A pike wielder wearing heavy armor with Full Force can deal over 100 damage in one hit to the body, and that attack normally only costs 15 fatigue and 6 AP. With Perfect Focus and Berserk, such a Battle Brother can get 3 attacks like that in one turn with no problem whatsoever.

Participant

2. Reputation Degradation
    Reputation degrades WAY too quickly. Consider this: if I want to work on my reputation with a village, I have to pray that the village gives me multiple jobs in a row, because it will cease being “open” to me and start being “neutral” with 1-2 day’s time passing. I just can’t keep any villages to stay friendly with me. The same goes for the noble houses: they’re cool and all, but when you get stuck doing patrols, you just can’t progress with their reputation too well.
    Case in point: It’s Day 70, my reputation is Glorious (2885), and the only reputations I have are Neutral, Neutral, and Open. That’s a problem.

agree, of course we all know that people will remember for a long time only the evil and the good instantly forget, but can at least in our game is a little bit better? :)

And

I must admit that the question of localization becomes all the sharper and sharper…

Keymaster

1. Bounty Hunters.

This is obviously a bug. You should only get attacked once. We will check the scripts if anything went wrong there.

it will cease being “open” to me and start being “neutral” with 1-2 day’s time passing. I just can’t keep any villages to stay friendly with me.

We will also check that, relations are supposed to take at least a week (or even more) before degrading.

I’ll let you know when we found the issues.

Cheers!

Overhype Studios - Let´s roll!

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Keymaster

1. Bounty Hunters.

Update: This bug has been fixed!

Overhype Studios - Let´s roll!

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

1. Bounty Hunters.

Update: This bug has been fixed!

sorry, 0.6.0.9 not fixed. 3 times i was attacked during half day way…
    may be we need new game?

Keymaster

It’s been fixed for today’s update that’s not live yet. You won’t need to start a new game.

Overhype Studios - follow us!
    Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

Its basically a design decision you have to take (similiar to the floating damage numbers issue) :)

… and IMHO, it’s a VERY GOOD design decision.

This is a game about running a merc company, not a TW game of world conquest. There are already plenty of those about.
    The recruitment phase does a reasonable job of emulating the hiring process anywhere. You make the best decision you can with the info you have. If the guy is going to be total dead weight, take his salable equipment and fire him. If you can’t afford to fire him, you make do, just like real life. I’m rather attached to this system. I think the little tidbits introduced in the new update are just about right.

Stand your ground, guys! ;-)

In a single player game, there's no such thing as cheating. It's merely "creative manipulation of the default settings"!

Participant

O thx , Rap. Good to know it now.
    New question
    Day 50+ comp, more than 2,000 Reputation checked all the city – never seen among the mercenaries a knight and noble adventurer. They discontinuance are no longer in the new patch? Just bad luck? Are there any special requirements so that they appeared to hire?

Keymaster

Bad luck + a bug with the hiring rosters not refreshing properly. Also fixed now.

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

However … the job to the orcs camp sweep of 2000. inlet – 19 orcs. I’m surrounded by orcs, some orcs fight among themselves. as a result – of attack on me 8 Orc Warrior with heroic morality … I will not say it was easy.
    I do not know … if so intended, then the future would be good as it is on banners or other signs have to be able to see what the orcs are opposed to each other :)
    but as a whole it was dangerous … and fun!
    So it is!? Tnx, Rap,tnx again. Looks like till we have no localisation i need some Dictionary – translator for good play :)

Keymaster

Yes, it’s intended – there’s a text telling you about it as you attack the camp. It’s also deliberate that you can’t tell what’s going on and who’s fighting whom.

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

So, I know others have mentioned this, but since we have even more travel missions it’d be very nice to have some sort of slider for global map speed. Perhaps a range of 0.5 speed to 2.0 speed, with 1.0 speed being the current movement speed on the world map?

Patrol missions can be kind’a boring when no enemies spawn and you have to travel halfway across the map and then back again in a circle at the current speed with no encounters at all. They’re fine when there’s bad guys, but otherwise…

Participant

Just curious:

Can I play all the time while you guys are still releasing hotfixes or will there be a point where “old savegames wont work” ?

Keymaster

You can keep on playing, these updates won’t break savegames. *If* we have to break savegames again later down the road, we’ll let you know beforehand.

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

It looks like nobody had yet brought up a subject that is of a great concern to me. I have been given a patrol quest by one of the noble houses. I was able to reach the first location, next step I am being sent to “patrol a road to Weissenfels”. I spent like 20 minutes of walking back and forth around the map. Since it is a beggining of the game and I play on deadly difficulty I don’t have lot’s of resources. I tried to click on the map, on quest but to no avail. Am I missing something or the quests do not have autofocus on the target (which is fine in case with locations you need to scout, but with real cities that you need to patrol a road to it makes very little sense. Either do not give a quest to a city not yet revealed, or reveal the city when there is a quest for delivery or patrol to it, and please make quest area interactive, because you spend to much time just looking for a city south-east, or north west)

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 84 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.