Hey, new to the forum. Have played the game for 285 hours according to steam. One of the best tactical games I’ve ever played. Kind of like a low fantasy old school x-com game without the base building. I love the incredible attention to detail, like the weapons getting bloodied after a strike, the damage to the armor and helmets and the characters. There’s so much good about the game that I like to be honest. You know you have a really great game when you are caring enough to notice small things you would like to improve on (like I wanted to have a food and water system in the first Fallout for instance). Here’s a few suggestions that would make this 5/5 game to a 5+ game:
1) Citadels/Fortresses should work as sanctuaries for the party. Currently it kind of works, if there’s a stationed militia nearby but I have had moments where I am chased by unholds or other enemies into town and attacked. A city wall should prevent that in my opinion.
2) Beast Slayer origin could be slightly modified. The expert tracker trait should enable the party to determine what kind of beast has made the tracks and how many beasts there are. Similarly to the Lookout retinue follower but only for beasts (not humans, greenskins and undead). I mean it comes with the territory, if you are an expert you should know.
3) Lookout follower should also be able to determine who’s guarding a garrison for extra utility.
4) The Scout follower could help to give a territorial advantage when it comes to battle on forest, swamp and hill/mountain areas. I have started too many battles where I am on low ground and the enemy archers get easy shots. Or I am ambushed in the forest even if I know where the enemy is and I am hunting them.
5) Some additional backgrounds:
Seaman/Sailor/Pirate. I know there’s the fisherman but considering there are boats maybe some rough and salty sailors want to join your motley crew of mercenaries in the port towns.
Falconer. Comes with a falcon and maybe have additional uses for the bird.
6) Some backgrounds could give passive benefits to the party, for instance:
Hunter/Poacher (and why not above mentioned falconer) could provide a minor amount of food every day. At least when traveling in forest areas. I don’t mean through events, but as a constant minor bonus. Monks could increase the healing rate of injured parties.
That’s all I can think of now. Thanks for a great game.