Reply To: General feedback on ENEMYS, ITEMS & VERSION: 0.4.0.40

Participant

Reading your comments and others on the forums I think my style of play is not comparable in some way.

I play the game in “total ironman” – No reload, no savescum, no hire to view stats, dead = dead, lost = lost. Like a rouge like.

That influences my tactics and desicions a lot. As stated in the analysis thread, my priotitys are 1) economic gain 2) no loses.

Berserkers are curious, as they seem weaker than the other adult Orcs . . . until they get a few kills in. A berserker hopped up on battle rage is more than capable of causing a party wipe.

Seems like you haven’t had a chance to really fight werewolves yet. They’re particularly dangerous when encountered in the early game, so you should fight them at that stage to get the best impression of their power.

A berserker never managed to kill someone of my party. It seems some kind of strange luck that even if I lure them into settlements, the ability never triggers. Maybe because I tend to focos them, because of their lack of armor and heavy weapons.

I started a new campaign (focus on total minmax) and encountered WEREWOLFS a few times now. I think most of my tactics involve LURING emenys into settlements of any kind or into caravans and thet them tank for me.

Gotta say wolves, that boar spear suggestion already made early game so much more doable. Thanks for the tip!

If you need any more hints / explainations I will glady help.

Haha, it was actually mostly just really cool, since my playstyle involves frequent casualties anyway. 😛 I play with a dedicated group of berserkers, acquired through seeing which recruits survive charging straight into enemy lines with two-handers.

These kind of unit divergences are some of the best details in the game. An enemy that is powerful, but only powerful under certain circumstances really keeps you on your toes. It’s why I’m happy that a part of how they balance things is through tweaking AI behaviour. I’m hoping we see some slight tweaks with the berserker AI though, so that players get to see that aspect of their design more often. If I’m remembering correctly, they get increased damage, resolve, initiative and damage resistance for every kill. The amount depends on the number of kills and each turn they lose some of it. They also have the berserker perk, so they regain AP, too. They’d be pretty fearsome if they made the most of that.

Whoa. I made them priority targets without thinking too much about it because they were unarmoured and used high damage weapons. I never realised how scary they could get. I’ve gotta avoid bringing in cheap milita into fights with them haha.

I love that, thats so different from my approach! Great!

Balance for the Balance Throne! Skills for the Skill God! | Wolves - Spam for the Old Gods!