Topic: 118.4 hrs last two weeks

• Author
    Participant

i just wrote a recommended review on steam, and when i review my review, i saw this: “118.4 hrs last two weeks”. after doing some maths, i think i should probably pause for a little while. xD
    guys, great job! cheers!

Attachments:
    Participant

Same promblem : ) This “one more battle” thing is very strong in BB.

Participant

I’m actually enjoying the current balance of the game so far quite a bit. Marksmen of all kinds are more of a menace, but that just means I’ve got to consider them a threat and work around it. My encounter with ghouls was interesting as I have to plan out when to take kills and when to delay. But necrosavants are still giving me problems haha

Participant

I’m actually enjoying the current balance of the game so far quite a bit. Marksmen of all kinds are more of a menace, but that just means I’ve got to consider them a threat and work around it. My encounter with ghouls was interesting as I have to plan out when to take kills and when to delay. But necrosavants are still giving me problems haha

Yeah its loads of fun to get people 1 shot sniped before they even got a chance to act.

Participant

Yeah its loads of fun to get people 1 shot sniped before they even got a chance to act.

That is not what I’m experiencing, even when my backline is headshotted. Not enough armor/life? While I do get a LOT of severe injuries from arrows/bolts, no deaths so far from archers as the injured units retreat to safety. I am considering giving my backline nine lives for the occasional mishap though.

Participant

There’s also the fact one thing is Normal and another entirely is Veteran, which seems to have a number of balancing issues with challenge progression, and there’s a marked difference between the early game and the mid-late game.

Participant

There’s also the fact one thing is Normal and another entirely is Veteran, which seems to have a number of balancing issues with challenge progression, and there’s a marked difference between the early game and the mid-late game.

I wouldn’t know about that, I play on Expert now in the mid-game. Balance from early to mid-game seems fine on expert, been hitting almost exclusively bandit raider/marksmen contracts as much as possible since they give the best loot. I haven’t hit late game crisis yet though so I don’t know about that either.

Participant

I wouldn’t know about that, I play on Expert now in the mid-game. Balance from early to mid-game seems fine on expert, been hitting almost exclusively bandit raider/marksmen contracts as much as possible since they give the best loot. I haven’t hit late game crisis yet though so I don’t know about that either.

tell you one thing that these 100+ hrs i’ve been spent on this game were all on expert ironman, never hit the late game yet. xD
    always get wiped out around 130 days, what happened? orcs happened, sniper in jungle happened, and ancient skeleton from swamp happened.

Participant

hen my backline is headshotted. Not enough armor/life? While I do get a LOT of severe injuries from arrows/bolts, no deaths so far from archers as the injured units retreat to safety. I am considering giving my backline nine lives for the occasional mishap though.

I have a party with raider armor, and ~60 hp each – so thats 95-110 body and 110 head armor. Ive played maybe 20 hours on veteran on beta and ive had people die to 1 bolt/arrow about 2 or 3 times, it doesnt happen every battle obviously, but it can happen.

Ive had multiple battles where every single ranged shot that hit my brother (not counting those that hit shields obviously) would deal both huge hp damage (like 70%) and inflict an injury.

Ive also had situations where enemy would have 3+ ranged units who would focus on my second line people armed with 2 handed weapons and kill them with 2 shots. I think i even posted a screenshot of 1 brother getting 1 shot, and another brother getting hit twice in a row, both times getting an injury :D

I mean i dont know whats going on, and where the difference between your exp and my comes from? Maybe youre playing on lowest difficulty? I started on veteran. Maybe youre not hunting raiders, my main source of income is raiders (until i level up)?

Edit: nevermind i just read your other replies

Participant

hen my backline is headshotted. Not enough armor/life? While I do get a LOT of severe injuries from arrows/bolts, no deaths so far from archers as the injured units retreat to safety. I am considering giving my backline nine lives for the occasional mishap though.

I have a party with raider armor, and ~60 hp each – so thats 95-110 body and 110 head armor. Ive played maybe 20 hours on veteran on beta and ive had people die to 1 bolt/arrow about 2 or 3 times, it doesnt happen every battle obviously, but it can happen.

Ive had multiple battles where every single ranged shot that hit my brother (not counting those that hit shields obviously) would deal both huge hp damage (like 70%) and inflict an injury.

Ive also had situations where enemy would have 3+ ranged units who would focus on my second line people armed with 2 handed weapons and kill them with 2 shots. I think i even posted a screenshot of 1 brother getting 1 shot, and another brother getting hit twice in a row, both times getting an injury :D

I mean i dont know whats going on, and where the difference between your exp and my comes from? Maybe youre playing on lowest difficulty? I started on veteran. Maybe youre not hunting raiders, my main source of income is raiders (until i level up)?

Edit: nevermind i just read your other replies

Hrm. My archers have 70, 71, 74 and 75 health right now. They are only wearing 70/70 armor or 90/70 armor. I did invest in the anticipation perk for all of them, and sunk some of my points into ranged defence. I should probably sink enough so that they target my higher HP/armor melee units instead.

My 2-hander wields a kite shield and quick hands into his two-handed axe when engaging in melee. Next turn he attacks, then switches back to a heater shield.

Mind you, while I don’t get one-shotted, I DO take pretty severe injuries at times as I mentioned before!

That said, last battle there were 4 marksmen who dealt little damage to me overall due to some …special tactics.

Edit: Fine, I decided to share my “special tactics” after all in the thread talking about how to deal with ranged enemies.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.