13. May 2015 at 04:43 #3865
I found a VERY minor issue with the game, I’ll start with that.
When you decide to change your mercenary’s names it auto-capitalizes. However, in the “battle log” during a fight it shows the proper capitalization which you used to create the names. If you decided that Torkel the Butcher was better off being knighted as Ser Torkel the Dimwitted it would look perfectly fine in the character window, but it may end up looking like “sER tORKEL THE dIMWITTED” if you had the caps lock on.
Now for some suggestions to the game:
(I have a combined 150 days in-game played on my characters, so I have a few hours into the game. ;))
1) It would be nice to have an “End Whole Round” button available. Sometimes I find myself just mashing the space bar waiting for someone who has ran away in fear to come on back.
2) It would be nice if you could pay (with gold instead of repair tools) the actual blacksmith to fix your gear for you. Likewise if there were an apothecary available to shorten those atrocious medical healing hours.
3) Why no Battle Sisters? I’m female and would love to see that option. Xena was a woman, and she kicked all sorts of A.
4) It would be nice to have the option to invest in the growth of a castle or city. This could provide better blacksmith items/an apothecary/better missions/etc.
5) Archers running away has cost me SO much wasted time… can you please tweak them? If I ended up slaughtering 15 other raiders and now I have to spend 5 more turns chasing down a runner, that’s just not fun.
6) It would be nice to interact with traders on the roads. They’d be just as happy to peddle their wares on the road as in town.
7) The maps seem under-sized. It feels more like I’m staying in a smaller 10 square mile patch of country rather than a whole country side.
8) Less courier missions… please? If I wanted to deliver news all day I’d play Paperboy on NES.
9) It would be nice to have an in-combat “Repair Armor/Repair Weapons” skill that could be used to superficially repair a few points of armor or weaponry. Think of it as rewrapping the hilt of your sword, or fixing a broken visor on your helmet.
10) More ranged weaponry options, please?
11) The game seems to get a LOT easier around Day 60. Once your mercenary group is maxed out and you’re sporting 250hp+ armor everything on the map shows up as “Puny”.
These aren’t criticisms of the game in any way. It’s hands-down my favorite game. I can’t believe how amazing it is for being so soon to release! I’m incredibly excited to see what’s in store!
Thanks for giving me the opportunity to throw some ideas out there. (I have more in-depth stuff, if you’re truly interested.)13. May 2015 at 05:56 #3866
12) Have a 2-3 turn COOLDOWN on that stupid, Overpowered Ghost Scream thing that Lost Souls do. It’s STILL too powerful… especially when they can just sit back 2-3 hexes and screw your day over while you’re swamped with skeletons (even late-game).13. May 2015 at 06:33 #3867
13) Titles given to your characters for completing certain feats (like dodging 20 hits in a battle could give you The Swift), and with them some minor character stat buffs (like +5 melee defense in this particular situation).13. May 2015 at 07:56 #3869Covered in WeaselsParticipant
Re: point 12, have you tried leveling up a dedicated captain to inspire your troops? The Utility tree skills that bolster nearby allies’ morale are very helpful against the souls’ wailing attack.
I second the request for more ranged weapons! Different types of arrows would be very cool — perhaps broad-headed hunting arrows, armor-piercing bodkin arrows and silver-tipped monster slaying ammunition could be implemented.13. May 2015 at 08:08 #3871
Yes, I already have an inspired captain. But when you’re facing 5-7 Lost Souls all howling at the same time it really doesn’t matter if they start at Confident.13. May 2015 at 10:10 #3875JagoParticipant
2) You will be able to hire blacksmiths and healers as no-combat companions who speed up the repairing and healing. Of course they cost you crowns every day.
3) From what I understand, there will be Battle Sisters. Could be still some way down the road though.
4) Well, if you were a traveling band of heroes that would make sense. But we’re all mercenaries here, it wouldn’t quiet fit the style. But you might be able the level up your no-combat companions instead.
5) What should they do instead? Not running away? Maybe enemies could retreat by reaching the maps border, so archers/leftovers can leave when the odds turn against them. Thus the battle would be over faster. Imo it’s fine the way it is now.
6) This was suggested before and the devs have taken note of it. The entire world map should allow more interaction.
7) It’s all work progress. Map size will increase.
8) Yes, that’s being worked on, too.
9) I’d prefer the weapon durability the way it is now. You can always carry a secondary weapon with you if you think that your first weapon will break.
10) I’ve heard about bola-lassos for the Goblins. Might be wrong though.
11) Yes, the end game is currently work in progress, like pretty much everything else. There will tougher enemies, the invasion of a greater evil and the hunt for legendary artifacts to keep you entertained.
12) Leveling up your resolve could help. True, there are not many enemies in the game yet that attack your morale, but there will be.
Visit the Battle Brothers Wikia
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.