Topic: Are all missions/contracts procedural?

• Author
    Participant

Hello guys. I’m waiting to the final release of BB. I’d like to ask you if all missions/contracts are different and procedural, of if anytime you start a new BB campaign, you have the mission of killing “Pete the bandit and his party” and “Krug the necromancer and his minions”
    If missions are repeated the replayability decreases.

Thanks in advance and best wishes to developers.

Participant

There is a mini series that you get when you start, and that stuff is the same, but really all it does is pushes you toward doing what you should be doing and then gives you some money, which is good.

After that you have the normal contracts, which can be split into several types, each type having several variations? So a type of contract, lets say, “kill orcs”, but if you go to 2 different cities and take that same contract, the text (localization) will be different, so if you like to read walls of senseless texts, theres flavor value in there.

To my knowledge there are no purely proceduraly generated contracts, its all pre coded.

Participant

Thanks for your answer.

I don’t care if I see the same type of contract. What I don’t like is to start again new campaigns and see that I must kill the same group of bandits, with the same number of enemies with the same leader.

It would be perfect to see the same contracts but with different enemies and sizes.

Participant

Yes that should be the case, i dont think youll get the same enemies, as in literally the very same groups.

Participant

and those groups have chiefs with name?

I don’t like to fight in any campaign always against “Prun” the orc chieftain and his minions ;D

Participant

and those groups have chiefs with name?
    I don’t like to fight in any campaign always against “Prun” the orc chieftain and his minions ;D

Well there is probably a list of names that is used to generate random chieftains, so you are bound to run into same name chieftain sooner or later. Ive dont at least 40 “kill orcs” missions since the big update, and i dont remember running into a single chieftain. Those probably start appearing at higher renown or something.

Participant

Well there is probably a list of names that is used to generate random chieftains, so you are bound to run into same name chieftain sooner or later. Ive dont at least 40 “kill orcs” missions since the big update, and i dont remember running into a single chieftain. Those probably start appearing at higher renown or something.

Nah, you have to go hunting for them in the wilderness. They live in what are practically orcish cities.

Participant

It would be great to see procedural bosses/chieftains to fight against. This would make the game much more replayable.
    If you beat, for instance, the final boss and his party, you’ll know how to beat him in the next replays. On the other hand, if this final boss is procedural, you can expect new surprises and you must take other strategies to beat him any time you restart new campaigns.
    What do you think guys?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.