Topic: [Beta patch] Perks that dont exist but should be in game

• Author
    Participant

Here is the list of some perks that dont exist but should be in game:

Quick Reload – reduces the AP cost for reloading by 50% (so you can move a tile or two on top)
    Something Rangey – something that makes you more accurate at shooting people who are close to you
    Something Rangey – something that makes you more accurate at shooting people who are distant to you
    Something Rangey – something that reduces the friendly fire chance
    Something Rangey – something that reduces the likelyhood to hit people who are in the line of sight of your target (friend or foe)
    Something Rangey – something that increases the firing/shooting range by +1
    Serpent Friend – reduces the effect of poison on you
    Quicksilver – makes you immune to being trapped
    Beyond Call of Duty – makes you immune to morale damage
    Something Meleey – something that decreased the AP cost of attacking with 2 handed weapons, so you can move twice afterward.
    Something Meleey – removes or reduces the combat penalties from being attacked from a higher elevation
    Something Meleey – increases the combat bonuses for engaging someone who is below you (height difference)
    Something Meleey – increases the armor penetration values of certain weapon types (group them up a bit make it a several perks)
    Something Meleey – something that increases the armor properties with by a %
    Something Meleey – something that reduced armor damage and the amount of tools needed to repair them
    Something Meleey – something that reduced the fatigue costs of heavy armor and lighter armors
    Something Meleey – something that reduced the fatigue costs of shields
    Something Meleey – something that increased the shield defense bonuses a bit more?
    Something Meleey – something that reduced damage taken to HP damage?
    Something Meleey – something that reduced damage taken to armor?

Something Utilitish – something that sped up healing up time without treatment and with treatment.
    Something Utilitish – something that would allow you to treat your own men?

Something World Interactiony – there are a lot of people who want to play the trading game; give them some options maybe?

Cat’s Eye – ability to see during the night as if it was the day (no night vision penalty).
    Eagle Eye – +1 or 2 to vision
    One With The Land – ability to sense the enemies locations even before youve spotted them (so sort of like small indicator in the over the fog of war that someone is there; there could be exceptions such as vampires or ghosts?)

Something Rangey – something that gives a flat ranged bonus – 10? 15?

Participant

High-Functioning Alcoholic: no longer receive combat penalties when drunk, but gain double the bonus to resolve and an immunity to being hungover.

Eye for an Eye: while 50% or more of your hit points remain, gain +10% melee and ranged skill, +10% resolve and +10% damage on your next turn whenever a hit does enough damage to trigger a morale check.

Best Form of Defence: on your next turn after your shield is smashed, the damage bonus from double-grip is doubled to 50%, but not if you have another shield in reserve.

Now or Never: on your next turn after a hit that reduces your hit points to fewer than 50%, the action point and fatigue costs of attacks are reduced by 25% (rounded down).

One with Your Prey: gain an additional +5% chance to hit every time you attack the same opponent with melee or ranged attacks, and an additional -5% chance of being hit every time you are attacked by the same opponent with melee or ranged attacks. Bonuses are not re-set with hits, but the attack bonus is re-set as soon as you attack another opponent, and the defence bonus is re-set as soon as your opponent attacks someone else.

Participant

e: on your next turn after your shield is smashed, the damage bonus from double-grip is doubled to 50%, but not if you have another shield in reserve.

Now or Never: on your next turn after a hit that reduces your hit points to fewer than 50%, the action point and fatigue costs of attacks are reduced by 25% (rounded down).

One with Your Prey: gain an additional +5% chance to hit every time you attack the same opponent with melee or ranged attacks, and an additional -5% chance of being hit every time you are attacked by the same opponent with melee or ranged attacks. Bonuses are not re-set with hits, but the attack bonus is re-set as soon as you a

Good. I like.

Participant

Immunized: poison no longer impairs your combat abilities, and, on the first occasion on which poison enters your veins in a battle, you gain an additional 6 action points and a 25% increase in damage on your next turn.

Recharged: after regaining consciousness after being stunned, the action point and fatigue costs of all skills are reduced by 50% for a single turn. Works only once per battle.

Infuriated: melee skill and damage are both increased by 25% for as long as the character remains trapped in a net.

Habituated: when fighting in snow, forests/woods or hills/mountains, melee skill and melee defence are both increased by 10%, and the character gains 1 additional action point per turn.

Ghost Buster: all ranged attacks now have a 25% chance to kill a Lost Soul.

Vigilance: melee defence and initiative are both increased by 50% for two turns whenever a withered vampire emerges beside this character in combat.

Rejuvenation: at each positive morale check, the character has a percentage chance (equal to current resolve) to regain 10% of any hit points that have been lost in the current battle.

Naked Savage: when the total fatigue cost of all equipment in the character’s possession is no more than 15% of the character’s base max fatigue, gain an additional 3 action points per turn and a 20% boost to melee skill, melee defence, initiative and damage.

Martial Artist: the Punch skill is accessible whenever not armed with a shield and no longer has a penalty to hit chance, and it gains a 25% chance to stun and fatigue any non-immune target that is hit. The character also gains access to the “Wrestle” skill, which allows them (when not armed with a shield) to throw opponents to the ground and reduce their defence capabilities by 50% for one turn.

Participant

Also, the new Bow Mastery perk needs to be more attractive versus crossbows. It should enhance the % of damage that ignores armour and/or reduce action point costs by 75% (i.e. 3 quick shots per turn, or 1 aimed shot in addition to 1 quick one or 1 tile movement) and/or give Quick Shot a +5% chance to hit and with only -3% per tile of distance.

Participant

Immunized: poison no longer impairs your combat abilities, and, on the first occasion on which poison enters your veins in a battle, you gain an additional 6 action points and a 25% increase in damage on your next turn.

I don’t think it should be a perk. Not really that useful, but could be a good trait from random event/randomly given on hire. Latter is much more useful, but still – VERY occasional.

Little OP If you’d ask me. You’d just get this on all guys, boosting them with alcohol and voila. Bunch of terminators on the battlefield.

Others are very cool ideas, I must say. Personally, I’d love to see abundance of perks to choose from. Those which trigger while your character has taken a lot of damage are also very good.

My idea:

Last Resort – If your character is below 25% hit points, he can run away without triggering attacks of opportunity from enemies next to him.

Participant

I don’t think it should be a perk. Not really that useful, but could be a good trait from random event/randomly given on hire. Latter is much more useful, but still – VERY occasional.

Little OP If you’d ask me. You’d just get this on all guys, boosting them with alcohol and voila. Bunch of terminators on the battlefield.

Others are very cool ideas, I must say. Personally, I’d love to see abundance of perks to choose from. Those which trigger while your character has taken a lot of damage are also very good.

My idea:

Last Resort – If your character is below 25% hit points, he can run away without triggering attacks of opportunity from enemies next to him.

Yeah, I like the idea of perks that enhance abilities in tight situations, because then you’ll be more willing to fight those vicious evenly matched battles that are very risky but also more intrinsically exciting. Currently, I usually only have those battles when I’ve got lots of crowns and a full party of 18 and am trying to kill some off to make space for new recruits (and – sod’s law – the ones that do “die” actually survive but with permanent injuries).

Last Resort: you can already escape from zones of combat (regardless of hit points) with the Footwork perk. Perhaps there could be a perk where, upon reaching the “fleeing” morale state, the character realizes that there’s no use in trying to escape and so gains (a) an immediate free turn, (b) extra energy and action points, (c) enhanced melee and ranged attack skills and (d) enhanced damage with any hit, but (e) a 100% chance of being hit and killed/maimed by any subsequent attack from an adjacent opponent (and, if he isn’t attacked afterwards, he collapses from exhaustion for the remainder of the battle).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.