Topic: [bugged graphics] Militia Barracks looks odd during the night

• Author
    Participant

So im looking at an attached location, a Militia Barracks. However during the night (and dusk) it looks like its being burned down. Basically it looks like you added something thats supposed to be a camp fire, but really what it looks like actually is someone setting the place on fire.

Its just weird, the blackness should probably be reduced?

Participant

There shouldn’t be any blackness, just campfire, light and smoke from it:

It’s something on your side. Maybe you should check you video card’s drivers?
    I guess, it didn’t like illumination.. and transparency?

Participant

Did you check what it looked like during the dusk?

Participant

Yeah ok im seeing it during the night as well, let me check the settings and stuff.

Edit: ok so when i make my party camp, the lights work properly, i found another Barracks (not Militia just Barracks) and it also works. I think its either “Militia Barracks” not working for me, or that particular location being bugged. I cant check right now because there are no other militia barracks on map and im currently updating drivers.

Edit2: just installed latest AMD drivers, black militia barracks still there.

Participant

Yeah i did, since i spent several days near that town trying to get a nice screenshot. ^_^
    And Militia Barracks looks OK every time, no dark spots or anything.

UPD: i’m using Nvidia card.

Participant

It persists even after save/load? Maybe you should archive that savefile and put here for Devs to look at?

Also, can you create New Game (or load save from different playthrough) and look around map for Barraks, does this problem persist?
    Maybe map generation just bugged out somewhere this once.

Participant

They can just load any save game from any of my reports, its there, its been there since the day 1.

Participant

Ok so heres another example of party camp being bugged:

Got the save game now as well.

Attachments:
    Participant

Indeed, with your save i have that happening too.

As i see it, this playthrough was started several days (patches) ago, so if name/location of ‘nightlight’ texture changed in that time, now it’s missing, thus we see black emptiness.

I think if you start New Game you won’t encounter it anymore.
    Or you can try my saves, and see if this problem appear there for you?

Participant

Weird thing, now i have it on my camp (but not barracks) in some of my saves too, where as i didn’t have it previously.. i think i didn’t.
    It’s contagious! LOL

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.