I believe I’m experiencing a bug. I’m playing on EEL, it’s day 8, and I have 7 guys on my roster. I just entered an enemy camp just outside of town and found myself facing off against 23 zombies and a necromancer. Every other camp that I’ve found so far has a crazy amount of enemies as well–necromancers, bandit leaders, etc.
What convinced me this was a bug is that earlier (in the same run) I *definitely* encountered some weirdness with a bandit camp just outside of town. Depending on where I hovered my mouse on the camp, different unit compositions would be indicated. Also, in the “scouting” screen if I would repeatedly start and then back out of the menu the composition would change as well. Finally, when I attacked and the battlefield was generated, it had yet a different enemy composition than the scouting screen. I took screenshots, but unfortunately didn’t investigate further nor make a save file for it.
So given that, I think I’m experiencing a bug with naturally generated camps. Camps generated by contracts are normal. Wandering enemies are normal.
I’ve attached the save file for the 24 enemy encounter as well as the log. The log says I might be running mods, but it’s just seeing two python scripts I’ve used to generate xls files for the new character backgrounds and item stats. This game was generated on the 14th I believe.