Topic: do weapons have different chances of inflicted wounds?

• Author
    Inactive

I was curious if all weapons have the same % chance of inflicting a wound or does it vary from class to class and if so is there any resource that gives more info on this?

thanks

Participant

I just remember a post from Rap on the steam forums. I couldn’t find it anymore though.

There has to be a minimum of 15 HP damage to inflict a wound. This will get reduced by crippling strikes. Then it is also depending on the maximum HP of the brother if I am not mistaken.
    The type of wound inflicted depends on how much damage (% of max HP) a brother takes – a heavy hit will inflict a more devastating wound than f.e. a hit from a light crossbow.
    Lastly, different weapons inflict different kinds of wounds. Warhammers/maces will inflict crushing injuries – crushed finger etc.
    Piercing weapons (Xbows, Pikes, Spears, Bows, Daggers) will inflict piercing wounds like Pierced Side, Pierced Leg Muscles etc.
    I believe Axes, Billhooks, Cleavers have wounds like Split Shoulder, Split Hand.
    I’m not sure what kind of wounds swords inflict, but I believe they are in the same category as Axes and Cleavers.

I’m also not sure if chance even plays a role in this or if its just based off HP values. Orc Warriors and Hedge Knights have huge HP pools so I think 15 damage won’t be enough damage to cause a wound in general.

Participant

@namespace If it won’t do any bother, could you please support a link?
    Cause what you say have contrast against what wiki write(I don’t believe wiki in that part thought )

Participant

@namespace
    I gotta found it thank you anyway.
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/365360/discussions/0/359543951722600878/#c350540974005568517

And I also have the same question if chance play a part in this issue cause tooltip for colosus writes lower the chance right?

By the way I dont get where the minimun of 15 comes from, could you provide a link?

Participant

Yeah that’s the post I was referring to.
    My mistake – it is purely based on percentage. I must have calculated the 15 HP damage from a base of 60 HP

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.