Topic: Enemy AI is excellent

• Author
    Participant

Just wanted to give some positive feedback. I’m really quite surprised about how bloodthirsty and effective the AI is in battle. The AI tries very very hard to focus down troops one by one, position themselves to protect archers, move in groups to surround vulnerable brothers on the edges of the player’s formation, make their way towards brothers in the backlines with less armor and lots more. Very very impressive. If you guys never make another game with the studio, whoever made the AI should show their work here to an accomplished studio like Firaxis. I don’t think I can name another game with an AI that is quite so well programmed (other than in RTS games by Blizzard), and I’ve played a lot of games. Well done!

Inactive

im agree with you.

Efective use of footwork or/and rotation. Surrounding my men. Rooting the most heavier…

The goblins are specially triky because of this. The game is a real challenge each battle. It makes me use all triks in the bag, including wardogs, nets, poison etc. in the late game.

One of those games that makes me have in reserve several weapons of each class. Even when i need the cash, i prefer to have diferent options for each battles.

It makes you to reconfigure your tactics near each battle…

Keymaster

Thanks, that means a lot to me. The AI was just one of many areas between which I had to divide my time, so it’s nice to hear that it worked out well despite this :)

Overhype Studios - follow us!
    Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

All my friends who play Battle Brothers and like good tactical games agree that AI in this game very good…sometime even too good )

Participant

It’s a really impressive AI. The enemies don’t just throw themselves at our mercenaries, each faction has its own tactic and they perform it very well.

Necrosavants prey on your archers and weak troops, like the Wolf riders do. Goblins try to slow the player down as much as they can, while shooting poisoned arrows. Orcs, being fearless and at the same time a bit stupid, always attack with a reckless charge, like the Wolves and Nachzehrer do. Meanwhile the humans, be them noble bannermen or bandits, fight in a similar banner, but in my specific case they always divide their forces to attack my flanks and that’s actually a good strategy, because I have as many front line troops as I have archers, so it makes sense for they to go for my backline.

Luckily we don’t have horses in the game, because imagine fighting against horse archers, I’m pretty sure they would be very effective at circling our company and shooting at us!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.