Topic: Fatigue mechanics. Bug or feature?

• Author
    Participant

Just now I noticed one strange thing. In previous version fatigue increases after character gets hit, but now fatigue increases even if character dodge or block the hit. Is this a bug or this is how it should be?

Keymaster

Working as intended.

Overhype Studios - follow us!
    Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

Can we have calculations? For a proper stamina management.

Participant

Can we have calculations? For a proper stamina management.

I second this.
    How much it is per strike? Do different weapons waste more fatigue?
    Also did passive recovery increased(well this I will check myself).

Anyway I start new run and have some encounters with wolves and they basically stun(exhaust) locked my line soldiers.
    The current fatigue pool/recovery is really to small for that kind of things.

Participant

As far as I noticed, after each dodge or block, fatigue increases by 3. Maybe it’s makes some sense in terms of realism. But if your sword master is surrounded by six opponents, each of which deals two hits, then after a few rounds the sword master will not be able to do a riposte stance. And there is almost nothing you can do with this. Then you only can strike one opponent each round.

Participant

Yeah. This is another thing that could do with being explained in-game (i.e. when you hover over Fatigue in on the character screen).

It must be said that ~5 fatigue imposed by all striking attacks with any weapon makes the +10 fatigue imposed by mace hits seem somewhat insignificant.

Participant

Yeah. This is another thing that could do with being explained in-game (i.e. when you hover over Fatigue in on the character screen).

It must be said that ~5 fatigue imposed by all striking attacks with any weapon makes the +10 fatigue imposed by mace hits seem somewhat insignificant.

Is mace add +10(so 15) or only 10?

Participant

initiatives spammers with overwhelm – a new fashion in the BB world. I probably will stay in my “unfashionable” world 0.7…

Participant

initiatives spammers with overwhelm – a new fashion in the BB world. I probably will stay in my “unfashionable” world 0.7…

Well, overwhelm is somewhat irritating. But generally the game gets better and bigger with each new version. (Btw I like the new resolve mechanic that you criticized so much)

Participant

I do not like discussion in the internet, and the topic is not about this, but the situation is such that we have little time left to change anything, so I will answer.
    If you are even slightly understand the game mechanics, you had to understand that criticism is not about moral mechanics as a whole, but how it has been done. For several reasons:
    We still do not have any information how it works.
    This mechanic notorious opposed to the player cuz the numbers of enemy more then 12 most of the game.
    No dependencies(or at least we again have no info about it) between the level of your brothers and this checks.
    This is another RNG element in the game which is already too RNG.
    The new mechanic forces you to up resolve and make sergant in the team, but game should only to give the possibility

So this criticism is not in the plane “like or not” (You can like anything) but in the plane of objective facts

Participant

It sounds whiny man! Rusbear come on! And how it relates to the main question raised in the thread? The game offers huge amount of depth and I do not see any issues whatsoever with overwhelm or with resolve. I played more then enough and Max difficulty both with Iron Man and without to be able to state that.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.