Topic: for the first time i "beat" the game

• Author
    Participant

the invasion is over, so it is said the dialog, i calmed the weeping ghost, somehow, time to retire.

been playing this game for 698 hours, day and night, still haven’t raid any epic settlement, even didn’t gathered more than 10 uniques in my total game play time, but i could not bare to hold my brothers any longer, time to let them go and have their own life. at least that hedge knight, what ever his name was, brought a horse, lucky basterd now have what i couldn’t get.

the company’s name was Diablo, gone forever from my hard drive.

peace!

Participant

After selecting the ambition to end the greenskin invasion, on Expert/Expert, all I did was crush a couple of plethoras of orc young, and then (as I headed off towards the nearest strongholds, thinking we weren’t yet an elite force to be reckoned with, still short on heavy armour, greatswords and level 11+ members) a pop-up appeared to inform me that I’d already “beaten” the invasion. It never felt like a crisis. I had beaten some orcish bands that included modest amounts of warriors and the odd warlord shortly prior to that, as well as one or two combined greenskin hordes with an overseer and many ambushers and wolfriders, but I was expecting I’d have to overcome several waves of warriors/riders/ambushers/shamans before the crisis was averted. It was harder to end the noble war on Beginner mode, since there the mass of billhooks had destroyed my scale armours, and heavy crossbows had inflicted injuries that didn’t have time to heal, and I was trapped between two more hordes of c. 25 troops, and had to run and hide in the mountains in spare suits of light mail, running dangerously short on food supplies, and only “won” after narrowly escaping some roaming hordes of brigands, direwolves and weidergangers, which I led into the two noble forces, running away from the fight myself and only closing in to kill off the depleted noble force that remained afterwards.

The real late-game (the most fun time to be in the game with crowns to spare) still occurs later, around day 175, when you start to get a great many hordes of raiders and marksmen with several leaders and the aid of hedge knights or swordmasters or master archers. You also start to bump into more bounty hunters.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.