Topic: Forum Avatars

Tagged: ,

• Author
    Participant

Greetings!

I had some free time on hand and made a couple of avatars who can be used on this forum here. Their image size is made to look exactly like mine (or let’s say like the size the devs use), so they fit perfectly here into the forum, but I can’t tell how well they will look elsewhere.

Feel free to use them for your profile on here.

Is there any specific combination/style you would like to see/have?

Participant

Awesome. Can i ask how you make them? And if i could ”order” one that looks like this one?

Attachments:
    Participant

Thanks! I just search the stuff like armor, helmet and face from the game files, copy them, put them together into a single image and align them.

Yours is attached. I had to cut some of the feathers on top or else the avatar would have been too small.

Participant

I see, it looks great, thank you, will use it from now on.

Participant

Greeting, Grand Maester Zensalin,
    Me am a humble skeleton from the previous era. Once up a time, an evil necromancer resurrected me, then, a year later, the mighty Devs banished me.
    Even so, me still hope that one day, some kind heart could grant me a prettier look background other than this smelly grass land which always reminds me that foul dominus who dominated me. Such experience is like a horror craved deeply deeply in me brainless mind in deed, makes me brainless dream unresty.
    Dear dear Grand Maester Zensalin, if your noble soul didn’t mind, would you please show this sorry pile of bones mercy a little bit?
    your servent, Ioci

Participant

Of course, my dear loci, after reading what happened to thy desperate bones, I decided to do my best, to make you overcome what has once happened to you.

Please find your new self attached, your bones have been polished, but sadly, your old hood has been lost as the game has progressed.
    I hope my work is to your liking, sir.

Inactive

Pretty nice! Can you describe in more detail how you do them? In what folder, what software you use, etc, I’m curious and I plan to play around with the images.

I’ll think about something to ask you for my avatar, thx for this!

Participant

Thanks! Of course:
    I use paint.net and 7zip.
    Alternatives would be, for example, GIMP and winRAR, although I personally don’t like these.

Most of the stuff/assets I need I get from the “entity” named files in the gfx folder of data001. I either simply copy the assets I need or save them as new images for later use.
    I then open a new image (size 150×150 pixel), put the copied or saved pieces into the new pic as different layers, vertically mirror them (so they face right), align them correctly and merge the pic at the end.

It’s actually pretty easy until that point. “Why until that point?”

Well the assets are all too big for a 80×80 pic (which is the perfect avatar size for the forums here), so I had two options:

Either start with a 80×80 pic right away and shrink the layers all on their own (which is crap, because it’s way more time consuming to change the size of every layer itself, than simply creating a new image at all, in my opinion).
    or
    I use the finished 150×150 pic as source. Meaning: I open a new picture with size 80×80, then copy the 150×150 picture into the 80×80 and shrink it to fit the 80×80 size (this way, the proportion and resolution of the avatar assets stay fine).

Like that, I end up with two pics per avatar at the end.
    Examples: Example 80x80 Example 150x150

In fact, it is pretty easy. I had very little knowledge when I started and didn’t need many tries for my first, own avatar.

Participant

Gave it a try not sure of the result

Attachments:
    Participant

Very good!

Only a small issue with alignment (helmet just a few pixels shifted, I think) and some minor issues with white pixels inside the pic (around the sash), nothing too major.

One or two tries more and it will be fully complete. :)

Participant

Ah, I have to correct myself, the helmet seems to be fine.

This is how my try looks:

Participant

I see what you mean. looks good, thanks for the tips too.

Participant

Once a sorrow pile of bones, gently touched by a noble soul,
    A tricky smile in bright tone, that darken hood covers what is bald.
    May Chanson de Zensalin be sang, through the everlasting air of hollow.

Chanson de Zensalin represents the literature from the Pre-release Age, showing us the brightest spirit of sharing between human and undead, orc and goblin, werewolf and dogmeat. The original inscription was been found on a broken tomb stone, covered by dust and moss, in the Ancient Burial located in the north-east of a village named Qwerty, Map Seed:009247584X21.
    After 3 years of researching, day and night hard working, our definitely professional archaeologists believe that, this very tomb stone was been first chopped down into pieces by some grave-robbers who visited this place using a gigantic wood axe, then most pieces were eaten by a special specie of Nachzehrer which prefer to chew rocks after feast.
    None the less, the remaining inscription still reveals us the historical character who cracked and spread the technique of creating the perfect lore-friendly profile avatar picture, which was used been monopolized by Overhype Studios.

Inactive

Hey, Zensalin, thx for being detailed, strange I can’t find this data001 folder, I only find a data001.dat file, is there something I’m missing here?
    I have a data folder, and there’s a gfx folder there, but there are no files, just another folder named fonts

Participant

Hey, Zensalin, thx for being detailed, strange I can’t find this data001 folder, I only find a data001.dat file, is there something I’m missing here?
    I have a data folder, and there’s a gfx folder there, but there are no files, just another folder named fonts

Just extract the data001.dat file with winrar or 7zip.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.