Topic: Game crashes on saves, loads, autosaves

Tagged: 

• Author
    Participant

Hello!
    Firstly, have to say. I love battle brothers. Have over 500 hours in it.
    I had taken about a 4 month break and when I opened it back up it started having critical errors.
    It is always the same thing. I will attach the Game Log and an image of the error that comes up.

The crash occurs whenever I manually save the game or when attempting to load the game. Also on (most) autosaves before a battle.

***Interestingly right around the time the issue started I played the game via my laptop using a different display though a USB-C. The next time I started the game, it started up in not the correct format, the game was stretched as if it were still on the much larger display. I did a reset configuration which may have been what started all the issues.
    Yesterday (after weeks of attempting fixes without success), I was using the same display and the game ran without any issues.
    I do not know what setting should be changed if there was something that set it off. I tried going to preferences of the BB exe app and changing compatibility settings, but no luck.

I have done research and saw that it is usually an anti-virus software. I only use Windows Defender. I added the BB exe and save file as well as autosave file, BB folder to the list of exceptions.
    I have uninstalled all mods. I have uninstalled the game, reinstalled, verified game integrity on steam, uninstalled, deleted all files, reinstalled. Still no luck.
    I tried it on a different device and it works fine, but my laptop is where I mainly play, and it is not working.

DxDiag, log.zip from one of the crashes is attached as well as screenshots of two different crash pop-ups.

Participant

(Awaiting moderation)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.