Topic: Game loses sound and frame rate after moving in battle

• Author
    Participant

I’ve been having ongoing problems with games and my pc’s sound driver (Realtek High Performance Audio Driver), but I figured I’d mention this issue here in the hopes that someone might have a helpful suggestion. My game runs and sounds fine for a while until I get into a battle. If I don’t do anything and just sit there, the game works and sounds flawless. However, if I move a character or make an action with them, the game’s visuals and movement suddenly gets really choppy and the entire game loses sound – music, ambience, sound effects, everything. The only way I can get rid of the choppiness and return the sound is by closing and exiting the game and restarting it – only the problem comes back again once I make a move in a battle. On the campaign map this problem does not arise, only in moving or acting with a character in battle does it happen.

Since looking in the game’s audio settings I’ve deselected Hardware Sound, hoping it would have some positive effect. So far as I’ve noticed, however, it’s done nothing. Anyone else had this issue?

Keymaster

Hi Miira,

There have been very few reports of a similar problem. We do not have a sure solution for this but there are some things that helped in other cases:

– Verify the integrity of the game files through Steam: Load Steam. From the Library section, right-click on the game and select “Properties” from the menu. Select the “Local Files” tab and click the “Verify integrity of game cache…” button. Steam will verify the game’s files – this process may take several minutes.

– Unplug your headphones (which are you using, if any?) and use speakers, see if the problme persists with a different audio output device.

– De-activate the latest DLC, launch the game and close it and re-activate it through Steam.

Overhype Studios - follow us!

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

I know this is a while ago but I am having the exact same issues, but only since the latest patch. I also have a realtek onboard card. I am going to order a DAC to see if that changes things.
    I have tried the following:
    Reinstall, and verify files on steam.
    Disable Steam Overlay
    Disable Hardware Sound and Mouse in the options.
    Change sound bitrates in windows from 24 bit and 16 bit between 44khz and 192kHz
    Whitelist BB in bitdefender
    Updated NVIDIA drivers for GTX 1080

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.