Gifted should grant 2 level-ups - Battle Brothers Developer Blog

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Primeless Primeless 1 day, 5 hours ago.

• Author

coocoodas
    Participant

Gifted Perk is a trade off between a level and a perk.

If you do it early, it’s totally pointless because leveling doesn’t take much time

If you do it late, it’s still pointless because if you are high level(such as 10) you don’t ever want to give up an extra perk for a faster level up.

As a result I’m certain pretty much no one uses the perk.

I think it should give 2 levels up for it to be even a consideration. At high levels you might still not choose to use it for long term but at low level this could be good for brothers you consider expendable.

1 level up is just too weak a benefit for balance it is nearly pointless in my opinion.

Namespace
    Participant

I am using it early on grunts without skill. 50 starting skill in melee is a joke. They usually get Fast Adaptation, Gifted and maybe even Backstabber so they can hit anything. Those guys will either die or be replaced anyways though.
    On Talented guys I don’t use it if I plan to take them to 11 and beyond.

Primeless
    Primeless
    Participant

Iits a nice situational perk IMO.

I pick it early game for thos beggars, farmers etc. that i need to boost inmediatly, but i dont expect them to survive to the end-game.

Its the same with other perks like nine lives: super usefull early game, when a single hit or two can kill a guy, but useless unce you have 80+ hp, 220 armour, underdog, etc.

IMO perks are nice as they are now: some of them are for a “use and drop” plan, others are for a “in the long run” plan.

whatever you do, dont tell anyone.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.