Topic: Informants

• Author
    Participant

I was thinking, the map in Battle Brothers is pretty big, and I don’t have a problem with going out and exploring it on my own, but I think it would be kind of cool if you could pay an informant in town for the location of a camp somewhere “near” the town. This way you can ensure that you’ve got a target to loot in the near future. I dunno, just a thought.

Keymaster

Hi JDCollie,
    up to now we have a mechanic like that planned to find locations of legendary Artifacts once we implement that. We have to see how exactly it will work but “paying” for intel on the surrounding area sounds like a pretty sensible idea.

Overhype Studios - Let´s roll!

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

Sweet!
    I just think a cagey merc captain would have more efficient means of finding loots than wandering around the wilderness. Sounds like you agree :D I can’t wait for legendary artifacts, though I’m a bit curious how many men the first one will cost me >.>

Participant

Maybe you could combine something like that with the way contracts are done? Have the contractor give you directions on how to get there where you need to go, but no actual target is shown on the map. Then you can go look for it yourself or buy the information from someone. You could even turn it into something of a quest line with you having to go find the right information broker for hard to find locations. Would add an opportunity for exploring, while also providing a natural alternative to it.

Keymaster

As long as one guy remains who can claim it, you should be happy ;)

Overhype Studios - Let´s roll!

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

Quest givers don’t give very good directions, so if you want to remove showing what’s on the map something more accurate (like kilometers, miles, etc.) could help. I abandoned one exploration quest, because I couldn’t for the life of me find where is “some way south-west of here”. The only reason it turned out to profitable was because I have found and razed a couple of locations while searching for the one I was looking for.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.