Topic: Inter-Kingdom Wars need a strong tweaking.
Home › Forums › Battle Brothers: Game Discussion & Feedback › Inter-Kingdom Wars need a strong tweaking.
- This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 2 months ago by Wargasm.
15. March 2017 at 07:58 #20531MajorDomoParticipant
I’ll keep it short and sweet. I think the inter-kingdom wars can be improved in the following ways:
1. Keep army spawns down to a more reasonable level – When traversing the distance between two warring cities which takes about 3 hours of game time to travel to, it’s not uncommon for me to encounter 2-3 regiments of enemy troops. I get that the kingdoms are at war but when I get a task to go collect grain and I have to fight two-three separate battles on the road against heavily armored troops and THEN get ambushed by the farmers at the end of it. It gets tedious also because the solution is to take out of the way paths which don’t always alleviate the problem because bandit/goblin spawns are raging around so really at times it seems I’m trading one battle for another, which leads to point 2
2. Lower the spawn rate for bandits/goblins during wartime – Just a suggestion, but I’ve noticed a problem. Not only am I fighting the enemy troops in inter kingdom wars but I’m CONSTANTLY getting ambushed by bandits. Is it “realistic”? Maybe, I don’t know. It’s irritating to say the least. Where am I supposed to repair my weapons and armor and heal in the middle of a war? If I build a camp anywhere within a few seconds of game time I get jumped by something which is forcing me to just do doughnuts out in the middle of nowhere to avoid a confrontation while my armor is repaired and my wounded men heal which is NOT….NOT….NOT a fun experience.
3. Better way to heal/repair armor in the middle of a war – Did I mention doughnuts out in the middle of nowhere aren’t fun? No more to say on that.
4. More preparation before the final battle – I’ve been caught off guard twice now, by reporting to the war camp and before I can change out my regiment, switch around my weapons and armor I’m whisked away to a battlefield. This NEEDS..NEEDS…NEEDS to be fixed. I’ve lost both wars because of this, I have men in wounded reserve I would use in the final battle fight if I knew it was coming or I would change out certain mens equipment, really disappointed this is even a thing.
5. This is more of a suggestion, but perhaps there should be a way to get money during the war more reliably than just selling equipment from units you’ve killed. There have been a few times during a war where I’ve come dangerously close to running out of money because the constant warfare was draining my bank account. The first time it was my fault (Somewhat…) because I started the war mission with 1000 gold in the bank and I didn’t realize exactly how long it would take or what would happen. The second time was better but still, constantly buying bandages (Which were between 300-500 g per 20 in the towns I was shopping in) and armor repair kits (Which were about 350 g) Were costing me almost more than what the contract was worth.
Thank you.15. March 2017 at 22:49 #20563WargasmParticipant
I thought I’d done all I needed to do, and only 1 day remained, but then (with all my best veterans nursing untreated injuries, and nowhere to buy tools to repair equipment) a horde of over 20 billmen and arbelasters appeared on our path home, and I decided to hide in the mountains and hope my employer’s spies wouldn’t report that I’d shirked the task of attacking a patrol. But then a horde of wiedergangers approached across the mountains from the opposite direction, and (terrified by the prospect of a slow and tedious battle) I gave the order to about-turn and charge half-naked into the bulwark of bills! Actually I moved into sight of the wiedergangers and led them on across the mountains towards the point that the patrol was approaching, but then moved off across the mountains to watch the wiedergangers roam right into the patrol, and then moved down to vanquish the patrol after it had already been weakened by the wiedergangers. And that was the glorious and honourable way in which the war was won.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.