Topic: Long Term Bugs (mem leak?)

• Author
    Participant

Hey Dev team. I’d like to report some bugs. Just two, but they’re bad enough that they require an immediate restart of the game and loss of all combat progress. Both have been around since before the world map update.

The first has to do with ranged characters.

The player can rapid fire arrows by pressing 1 for fire while it’s an archers turn and clicking the target. Doing this twice rapidly produces a rapid fire of the arrows. The problem is when an archer rapid fires at a target that is next in line for a turn. Killing the character while using the rapid fire will lock the game while it waits for the now dead enemy to use his turn.

The second bug is much worse and might be the result of a memory leak somewhere.

It doesn’t seem to happen until the game goes on about 300 days. After this point, combat encounters start to slow down immensely during the enemy’s turn. By this I mean that enemy models move very slowly, arrows fire in slow motion, and the other team generally moves at about 50% normal movement speed. This ramps up to a completely different degree around day 600. The game goes from normal speed to crushingly slow between a single turn. It becomes unplayable.

Both of these issues existed before the world map update. If you need any more information from me to get these fixed, just let me know. After all, why should i stay at day 600 huh? Why not shoot for day 1000?! Well i’ll tell you. It’s because combat just about crashes now. Makes me sad.

Keymaster

Can you send a savegame where this is the case to contact@overhypestudios.com together with a link to this thread? Thanks.

Overhype Studios - follow us!
    Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

Should be in your inbox. Happy bug hunting!

Keymaster

So, we tested this on two computers but didn’t encounter the issue you describe. Can you play again until the game slows down for you and then attach here or mail to us your logfile?

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

Certainly!

I hope this is the right file.

For me things go like this:

1. I load up the file that I sent you.
    2. I get ambushed by bounty hunters outside of Birkhaven (I don’t rush to the village because I want the fight to start)
    3. The fight proceeds as it’s supposed to and then falls to really slow speed between turns 5-6, like the game is struggling to calculate something.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Participant

Huh. File type not permitted for security reasons. I’ll e-mail it to you.

Participant

Started a different game. The speed breaks at about day 300. Movement speed of enemy orcs and attacks moved about 100% faster. Were you guys able to use anything from the e-mails I sent?

Keymaster

Not really, unfortunately. It worked fine on every computer we tested this on, whether on day 300 or 600. The speed didn’t break down for us at turns 5-6, like you mentioned, and not at turn 30. No idea what may cause this for you.

Just to be sure, you aren’t using any type of cheat program to speed the game up on the worldmap, are you?

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

Nope, no extra programs. Just BB. I do use encamp rather frequently, if speeding up time is the primary concern. I suppose it’s just me. That’s a rap. Thanks for checking it out.

Participant

*Camp that is, not encamp. I’m not using anything that isn’t a part of the game.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.