Topic: Marking / remembering character death

• Author
    Participant

I’d like to see some more content when a character dies. Especially for important characters.

I’d really like to see a tombstone placed on the map with some mouseover information. Like “Here lies Bertolf the Studious”. Maybe put his picture from the start of combat on it as well. Possibly also stats, traits and perks and/or important events in his life. To avoid cluttering the map in very long games you could prune some old tombstones of characters that spent a short time with the company. Tombstones should be easy to implement in rudimentary form (only some text) and could be fleshed out later.

An alternative is a hall of fame / cemetary button.

I’d also like more information after a battle or in battle after death. It’s not easy to remember all the stats, perks, backgrounds, traits etc. of 12 people with foreign names. I’d like to be able to see the character sheet/mouseover info after death somehow.

Another thing that could also be implemented is an event screen after a death describing a burial rite. You could make a few different ones for different cultures and social classes. You could possibly even create quests / rewards for bringing dead nobles, maybe also scholars and soldiers, back to their hometown.

At the moment, my experience is often like this:
    “Oh, two of my guys died. That’s bad! Were they important to me? Not sure. Let’s hire some new guys.”
    …And the dead are forgotten.

Participant

I forgot:
    “Who should I replace the dead guys with? Not sure.”

Participant

According to the FAQ this is planned: http://battlebrothersgame.com/battle-brothers-faq/

Participant

Thanks for pointing this out.

As far as I can tell, your answer and the FAQ only address my alternative (inferior) suggestion to one idea:

An alternative is a hall of fame / cemetary button.

I believe that tombstones would be much more immersive. As would burial events (and quests/rewards).

Participant

I think events for brothers who are close to max levels might be good, I feel like if you had too many it would just be one more thing you click through without reading after a brother dies and thus would lose it’s effect.

I think gravestones might make things too cluttered atleast considering my personal survival rate :p

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.