Topic: Nice demo.

• Author
    Participant

I really like the look of this game/demo. Only thing I would point out is that because of the lack, or very little, animation on the characters, you can never tell who is hitting who. This could lead to great confusion on the battle field. :)

I will be keeping a eye out for this when it gets released or goes EA.

Participant

I would have to agree, some simple animations like what prison architect has done would be nice. Just a swing of the sword or something. You should make decals stick around as well!
    Otherwise it’s a great demo, you have my kickstarter money if you do it, great concept and great fun for such an early build.

Keymaster

Thank you both!

We do already show a kind-of-animated white swing effect for most of the skills – perhaps they’re not visible enough? I guess we could also wiggle the weapons a bit on the characters, Prison Architect style, if you think that’d help – although some enemies don’t carry weapons (e.g. werewolves, ghouls). I can play around a bit with that over the weekend and see how it feels.

Regarding decals sticking around, though, I’m not sure what you mean. What decals we have (blood on ground and weapons, bones on the ground) do stick around forever.

Overhype Studios - follow us!
    Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

Hi

Looking forward to this game. Just registered to also point out the need for some attack animations so you can diferentiate whos attacking who.

Keep up the good work

Cheers

Participant

Thank you both!

We do already show a kind-of-animated white swing effect for most of the skills – perhaps they’re not visible enough? I guess we could also wiggle the weapons a bit on the characters, Prison Architect style, if you think that’d help – although some enemies don’t carry weapons (e.g. werewolves, ghouls). I can play around a bit with that over the weekend and see how it feels.

Regarding decals sticking around, though, I’m not sure what you mean. What decals we have (blood on ground and weapons, bones on the ground) do stick around forever.

I was talking about the blood on the ground, I thought it disappeared but it must be my mistake! The swing effect implemented already is nice, it is just hard to see where its coming from if its a bit of a melee.

Anyway, cracking game!

Keymaster

I see.

Overhype Studios - follow us!
    Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.