Topic: Option to turn off lvl cap

• Author
    Participant

After playing a while I have reached a conclusion that the game would really make a profit from having some kind of option which would allow to turn off the level cap. Why? Because it would be funny to have at least an option for this! :)

For now it is actually a little boring when my brothers reach their final levels and then I feel like playing them no more. It is also quite sad, I would say so.

Of course, someone may say the option like that would ruin a balance or something and I am aware of that but this is why I say about the option and not something necessary in every playthrough. And I believe I am not the only one who complains of not having this option available as I have read a few topics about this here as well as on Steam.

The thrill of improving and developing our fellow brothers is the most important part of this game and I really believe it shouldn’t be limited just only for an illusive sense of balancing everything to its limits. This is a single player game, so let’s have a fun! :)

What do you think about this folks?

Participant

What level cap are you on about? the level 11 perk point cap or the level 42 hardcap? also if you have hit level 11 check their background some like farmhand is good to switch out for a sellsword or something that gets better start stats. for a level 11 hedgeknight or sellsword with good stars and stats are monster and to remove the cap would then void their higher tier backgrounds. not to say that when/ if we get the ability to mod game files there will probably be a mod for you.

Participant

Seems quite obvious to me that Scorp means the lvl11 which – as I and others have noted before – is effectively a cap as there is no real progress afterwards.

I agree that it serves little purpose and is in fact detrimental to game’s enjoyment for some players. Alas, more than one thread has been already dedicated to the topic, with plenty of suggestions about possible handling of post-11 brother progress – with no response from the dev team.

It seems that the best bet right now is waiting/searching/requesting for a mod/trainer/cheat to circumvent the current design. Which, as also noted before, is completely fine in a SP game.

Participant

To clarify – yes, I was thinking about lvl 11 cap. :)

I know there is always an option to change one character to another, better one but it is still just changing and not developing as for my taste it sometimes seems to be like min/maxing behavior which is well, tedious.

I don’t want to force my way of thinking on anyone and just wish to draw some attention to this problem. I like some “roleplaying” when I create my company as I have read The Black Company series too much probably so my heart hurts when I must change a person just because his background and base stats are far too weak for now and I am unable to improve him further any way other than changing his equipment. :(

Participant

Come on ScorpZero!!!! You stole my avatar! That’s not fair :(

Participant

Well, I have taken it from the public library of this forum. :O I didn’t know it had belonged to anyone before I took it.

Participant

Well, you take this from the thread Zensalin created, and that avatar was a personal demand I made to him, as you read on the thread.

Participant

3 previous posts are an off-topic spam. Please respect other users and deal with it through private messages or the appropriate thread.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.