Topic: Outstanding Game

• Author
    Participant

I really enjoy Battle Brothers, the combat system is fantastic. Battle appears simple but is very in depth. Please keep the battle system “status quo” and do not overload it with BS items. Less is more in Battle Brothers.

A couple elements that could help the game

Distinction between side quests and main quest. The quests are good but they all feel the same. Adding in a story line and mixing in side quests along the way would give the player more direction in the beginning.

Multiple task contracts that take more time but are more rewarding. I’m all for immediate gratifications but sometimes I want to emerge myself in the game.

More RPG elements – Friend/Foe AI to interact with, more enemy camps with difficulty ratings, roadside traders, PVE events, world altering decions, advanced factions system with battle.

Participant

Multiplayer would also be a great idea for a future update. Co-Op would be more preferable than pvp imo. Additions like bosses and dungeons are good co-op/story line aspects that most rpg’s have.

Participant

Honestly, I can’t see co-op being very feasible except for weird dungeon delves, and why would you do co-op and split up teams when you could instead have all 12 brothers fighting under one leader? AND co-op battles would feel slower. And having two bands of brothers on the world map wouldn’t be very intuitive, either. Would the game pause for each battle? Would you have a “turn” to spend? Would battles take “real-world” time? All of that sounds really clunky.

PvP “Me vs. You” custom battles could be fun, though. I set up my team, perhaps even with an option to play as the orcs or goblins or undead, and I duke it out against a friend. Fun, that.

Participant

The trio from Overhype deserves a lot of praise. This is an exemplary early access: They keeps their fans informed and are making steady progress. In consequence, I keep coming back to this game. It is stunning how much better it has gotten since they first published it.

If I may add a wishlist as well:
    – More late game contracts that allow you to change the world in significant ways (like conquering watchtowers, villages, etc. for an allied faction).
    – Perhaps even the possibility of setting up your own permanent base at some point and becoming your own faction.
    – Higher level cap for battlebrothers.
    – Perhaps a world that isn’t entirely male. Battlesisters were promised once.

Participant

I agree, the ability to create your own faction and control every aspect of it would be epic. In addition be able to battle against other factions for greater loot. Larger battles would be a lot of fun and require more management.

Battle sisters are welcome as long as its realistic, I prefer archers to be girls, they are fast and nimble. Also pub mama’s (gragas mom) are heavy tanks that could utilize some CC.

NOTE: A half naked girl with DD tits and an enchanted ultra-greatsword is not realistic.

Participant

Honestly, I can’t see co-op being very feasible except for weird dungeon delves, and why would you do co-op and split up teams when you could instead have all 12 brothers fighting under one leader? AND co-op battles would feel slower. And having two bands of brothers on the world map wouldn’t be very intuitive, either. Would the game pause for each battle? Would you have a “turn” to spend? Would battles take “real-world” time? All of that sounds really clunky.

PvP “Me vs. You” custom battles could be fun, though. I set up my team, perhaps even with an option to play as the orcs or goblins or undead, and I duke it out against a friend. Fun, that.

The point of co-op would not be to split up teams but rather utilize 2 teams to battle larger foe’s. Each person would still control their own team and timers are always in play with multiplayer. If no turn is made in a set time then the AI makes the move. Either way it’s just an idea.

PvP weapons/builds becomes meta which requires a lot of balancing/updates/patching. I would rather see the devs work on in-game/pve content then have to balance multiplayer pvp constantly.

Participant

Return points for stats and perks? This should be a must, sometimes builds need to be changed or altered so refunding the points to allow players to re-allocate will help progression and be another good aspect of battle management.

Participant

If you’re going to have 24 characters on your side in this game, you’d quite frankly be best off controlling all of them, even for special dungeons and such. Not only would the game move that much faster as a single-player experience (you’re not waiting for the other player and being bored by their turns), but the co-op experience would HAVE to be limited to either custom battles or a special mode that basically says “No world-map,” AND co-op becomes something that needs a lot of time investment.

PvP could have a meta, but not every meta needs to be closely watched. PvP also inherently limits encounters to a custom battle sort of setting, or maybe later “defend the fort” type things. I find this to be far more plausible, as two players with access to the exact same things is easier to balance than two players fighting an AI that has access to vastly different things than them.

But… Really, I just don’t see the NEED for multiplayer in a game like this, sans maybe an online skirmish mode. It’s designed to be a single player game, and the way it’s been designed kind of limits multiplayer options. And that’s fine.

Remember that at the end of the day this game is being developed by THREE developers. That’s a small team. Focusing all their energy into a great single player experience is way better than a mediocre single player experience and a tacked-on multiplayer one. I imagine they might investigate multiplayer options one day, such as after they’ve finished developing their awesome single-player game, but right now, that’s just not a priority of any sort.

Again, if we DO see multiplayer, I expect PvP skirmishes. If it has co-op, I’d expect an “infinite dungeon” or “endless hordes” sort of game mode, or people just using the skirmish mode against the AI.

———————————————————————————————————

Onto other matters.

Pretty sure we will see female characters at some point before the game launches. I’m also pretty sure they won’t be naked ladies swinging greatswords. There will, however, be ladies in armor swinging greatswords, and ladies with crossbows and bows, and ladies with pikes, etc. They’ll probably function the same as Battle Brothers but have female-specific backgrounds that show, in most cases, why Battle Sisters are rare.

And you’ll probably see a few seriously badass female warrior backgrounds as well. I’d be all for seeing a “Shieldmaiden” background with similar origins as the “Raider” one, or one where a noblewoman who always wanted to use a sword just snuck away from home and started adventuring. Etc.

I suspect, on the note of multiple contracts, that we will have that eventually. And we should. Heck, it’d be nice to be able to get a contract that basically says “Do THIS instead of what your other contract says.” A treachery contract if you will.

And on that note, making the noble houses more active is definitely a goal. The devs have made that clear. Right now they’re working on more weapons and a skeleton rework. I think the Perk rework is planned next, and then we’ll probably see a huge update for Noble Houses / factions in general some time afterwards.

Not sure how I feel about letting us buy back points we’ve spent on perks. My gut instinct says “Limit it,” such as “let us refund TO A POINT, but not do a total rework after a certain level.”

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.