Topic: Party management

• Author
    Participant

Hello guys. I’d like to ask you how the player will manage the roster of combatants:
    – there will be a headquarters or base of operations (like in XCOM), in which battlebrothers rest and train etc?
    – how many groups can we create at the same time doing missions around the overland map?
    – how many battlebrothers can we have in total (I don’t mean only the 12 of combat)
    Thanks in advance ;D

Keymaster

Hey juanval,

some of these things are not 100% decided yet, but here are my answers:

1. In the beginning of the design process we considered the player having an old castle ruin or something which to rebuild over the course of the game, very similar to X-Com. Eventually we decided against that. Instead you will have one “trek” of Battle Brothers moving around the map more akin to Mount & Blade. This trek is your mobile base and can be “upgraded” in different ways. One thing will be followers who give you special bonuses/abilities on the worldmap. There will be a devblog post on that topic when we come to it .)
    2. There will only be one group of Battle Brothers.
    3. Just to say a number off the top of my head I’d go with 30 Battle Brothers. Maybe it’s 24, maybe 34. Brothers will get wounded in battle and take time to heal, so you always want to have enough replacements. On top of that, they tend to die very easily :) You just have to consider that all brothers will consume money and food constantly, so the bigger your roster of backup troops, the higher the maintenance.

Cheers!

Overhype Studios - Let´s roll!

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

yeah, in order to move around the world map, a HQ is useless. It’s better to have a band with a mobile base, something like “expeditions: Conquistador”. in which you had a group of 10 combatants that moved around the overland map, and camped in different places, and, in combat, you chose 6 of them to engage enemy party.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.