Topic: Patrol Contract balancing

• Author
    Participant

Is it just me or are the patrol missions almost always a bad idea to take? At best I tend to break slightly above even with the wages I have to pay my group as I patrol among settlements. Very often I find myself losing a fair amount of money as their is no guarantee on running into people to kill on the patrols and they at time ask you to go very out of the way large distances.

Is anyone else finding this? They’re the #1 contract I skip most of the time.

Participant

I tend to take them, I demand higher prices pair head twice, then meander my way to each village, low risk and fantastic if you find a horde of units. The contracts I never really take is anything involvings orks, followed by goblins (RNG on ironman makes them more frustrating than orks at times), it just never seems worth it when the Undead and Bandits are easier to beat.

Participant

Is it just me or are the patrol missions almost always a bad idea to take? At best I tend to break slightly above even with the wages I have to pay my group as I patrol among settlements.

Last patrol mission I got over 10 000 as reward, killed about 50 poor bastards out there. And there was loot also, so totally it was over 15k, or something like that. Perhaps you will find useful next tip: during your travels remember the areas with lot of raiding parties (bandits, orks, direwolves, goblins…) AND, if you encounter such mission and your employer’s patrol route is positioned nearby those areas – then accept it and go for headhunting. In short words: “Know where to farm heads before you start.”

Participant

Damn that’s crazy! Guess I just need to change my strategy.

Participant

This type of contracts is the best one. My personal record is 84 heads and more than 15000 as reward if loot is taken into account.

Participant

The problem I have with patrol missions is not the payoff but their length and inability to gauge it as access to map is disabled until I actually make the decision.
    Having a rough estimate, something like employer saying “If you don’t linger or die on the road I expect you to come back here in around X days” would really help with that issue. One can hope.

Participant

It can be a hit or miss proposition. Depending on how aggressively you’ve cleared out enemy bases, enemies may or may not spawn. Also, if a company from one of the noble houses has cleared out the area recently, you may not find many enemies to kill. I would say that this contract has the most profit potential of any contract.

Participant

I think the whole contract is balanced quite well. If you are lucky and want to spend the extra time looking/waiting for enemies to show up thats fine. but it takes time and is boring to some extent. It can be very rewarding though. My record is headhunt of 146 as shown on the screenshot.

Participant

I think the whole contract is balanced quite well. If you are lucky and want to spend the extra time looking/waiting for enemies to show up thats fine. but it takes time and is boring to some extent. It can be very rewarding though. My record is headhunt of 146 as shown on the screenshot…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.