Topic: Post Your Company Name

• Author
    Participant

Mighty Reapers,
    Reaping bad and ugly.

Participant

The Griffon Banner (in month 3)
    Bloody Suns(Sons) Company (New game with less save scummy tactics if I can help it)

Participant

My latest campaign was started purely for temporary experimental purposes. But then I kept coming across an abundance of cheap wildmen with the Tough/Athletic/Strong traits, who suited the experimental strategy perfectly, and so I’ve continued with the campaign. In consequence, every time we track down a band of thieves, I am informed that I order the “Adreno-Recover_Experiment” to charge.

Participant

Since the last big update, I’ve been playing as “St. Attila’s Grenadiers” (The gauntlet banner … “1, 2, 5!” “Three, Sire!”) and “The Paw Patrol” (wolf’s paw on red & white bars). I just can’t seem to make myself come up with a serious name, even though I play it seriously.

In a single player game, there's no such thing as cheating. It's merely "creative manipulation of the default settings"!

Participant

The Yellow Robins

(I asked my little brother for a name and that is what he came up with.)

Now the Yellow Robins have fought long and hard. The three original founders, Nic Cosca (bit of a coward but good with a blade), Konrad the Quiet (communicates mainly with his crossbow) and Ragnar the Deathless (The bastard won’t stay down. Believed killed in at least three battles but refused to die. Now scarred beyond recognition, missing a nose, missing an ear; he’s hard to look at but there is nothing more satisfying in this world than watching him decapitate two orcs in one strike) are all rich and famous at the cost of countless farmhands, fishermen, woodcutters and other gullible fools seeking glory and coin.

Honourable mentions:

Ingvald the Student: Grave robbing anatomy student turned pikewielding houndmaster. Went down fighting three orcs, giving the rest of the company time to flee for their lives.
    Wolfgang the Bastard: Died doing what he loved. Decapitating goblins with a cleaver.
    Torgrim Orcseye: Messenger, scout and spearman. Singlehandedly took out 3 vampires whilst bleeding out on the grass.
    Svein the Lucky: Inveterate Gambler turned bloody Swordmaster. Had to retire after an orcish warrior ripped his arm off.
    Old Man Tostig: The grey wolf of the company. This veteran caravan guard is too old to run and too tired for this skit. He has an axe and knows how to use it.
    Einar the Sneaky: A thieving backstabbing dwarf. What more do you want?
    Ferdinand the Bull: Strong, stout, sturdy, stupid. These are all adjectives starting with s. I wasn’t inferring anything to you Ferdie. Calm down big boy. Calm down and put that hammer down.

And so on and so forth the list goes on and on

Participant

company name: retreat master

story: after years of struggling, the veterans understood that an old mercenary never die, they just retreat properly. the very company name represent the wisdom of the old. once they enter a combat, our brave warriors pray to the god of coward, then the leader shout the magic war cry: “retreat!”, hearing this, his boys start to charge, to break the line, to slaughter the foe, or simply move straight to the border of the map as fast as they can. ooh mighty god of coward! another heroic victory ahead!

Participant

company name: retreat master

story: after years of struggling, the veterans understood that an old mercenary never die, they just retreat properly. the very company name represent the wisdom of the old. once they enter a combat, our brave warriors pray to the god of coward, then the leader shout the magic war cry: “retreat!”, hearing this, his boys start to charge, to break the line, to slaughter the foe, or simply move straight to the border of the map as fast as they can. ooh mighty god of coward! another heroic victory ahead!

A company commander after mine own heart!

In a single player game, there's no such thing as cheating. It's merely "creative manipulation of the default settings"!

Participant

i always change company name for every new game i start:
    So far its been:

The Homeless Ones
    Golden Boys
    Silver Swords
    Coin Brothers
    Hoboboros
    Jormundgang Brigand
    The Onion Knights (current ones)

Participant

The Footmen – especially as we have no horses today…..

Los Griffos – after the standard

Cross du Fluer – after the standard

Participant

Bells (as in hells bells)
    Serpents
    Unmourned

Participant

The Bloody Dawn. Utilizing the banner with a hand reaching up over a sun.

No matter what happens the Dawn will always come.

Participant

I’ve tried naming my companies to fit in with the setting using German words, relating to banner imagery and borrowing from Norse mythology. The names have been: Bruderschaft (Brotherhood), The War Shafts (three axe banner) and my current play through is with The Right Hand of Tyr (Tyr was the Norse god of justice who’s right hand will be bitten off by Fenrir at Ragnarok).

When the game is released I’ll revisit my first band who sadly fell foul of the fact my save games apart from auto-save don’t work. In a land of Norse, Angles, Saxons and Jutes, Y Rhyfelwyr (The Warriors) will be a band of boyos out for revenge and beer money.

I’ve also had some fun messing with the pregenerated script. I called one band ‘the size of an orange’ leading to lines such as “Cap’n, no one really knows about the size of an orange yet…”

Participant

Name:The Sons of Fafnir
    Once apon a time the greedy young boy heared the story about Fafnir,from his mother.She tried to deal with his greedness,but in fact she made it noly worse.A young shall want to be rich,he gathered his friends and inspeared by the story of his mother,departed to war,trying to make his dream alive.Years was passing quick.One war changed another.Soom all his old friends from farmlands died in battles.But life hardened him.He found new friends,in army of the old lord,in which wars he spent whole his life.But he still wasnt reach anoth.And then his old good lord died,he gathered his friends and joined mercenary company.Battle after battle they was wining a honor and wealth.Once they returned from hard batlle,wounded and weack,trying to get theit well earned reward,they got just a steel instead of gold.After a hard battle,employer betrayer has been slained,as the most of the friends of the already not so young and hardened boy.
    Tring to get back their formr glory,the rest of the company tried to ambush and kill a smalll band of bandits.But they was ambused first.The captain have been slained.And the last one who coulde take his place,was the wounded old boy.Throwing in past name and glory of already dead company,he picked up the new name and banners,still vowing to make his dream true.This is how The Sons of Fafnir was borned.

Participant

Running with (the) Heart of War

Participant

I use the banner with the dead looking fellow getting eaten from the feet. I call my group the “Devil Knights,” still thinking of a good back story for them.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 87 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.