Topic: Questions – Looking for clarification on key game mechanics

• Author
    Participant

#1 Am I correct that 3 types of Crisis keep cycling/repeating in perpetuity except for approximately 50 years of “peace” after winning the current Crisis at which point another Crisis arises (rinse/repeat)?

#2 If I have disabled “Permanent Destruction” the game will not technically ever “end” unless…
    …all of my mercenaries die in a single battle
    or
    …I choose to retire
    Correct?

#3 However, if I enabled “Permanent Destruction”, then all of the above can cause the game to “end” but also eventually if all of the settlements are destroyed.

#4 I have “Permanent Destruction” & one village was completely destroyed & another one lost all of its industrial “buildings” and only the village ‘proper’ still remains. In both cases, I never noticed any message anywhere telling me that I needed to protect either one of them specifically or that they were under attack. Is there a way for me to know when a village/town is getting attacked so that I can go there and prevent them from being permanently destroyed…or at least have a chance to do it?

#5 If my mercenary band engages & defeats the enemy (Orc/Goblin/Undead/Bandit) force occupying a building without us being on a specific contract to do that, do we still gain fame?

#6 If my mercenary band engages & defeats the enemy (Orc/Goblin/Undead/Bandit) force occupying a building without us being on a specific contract to do that, do we still gain positive relations with any cities/villages (if so which one, the closest)?

#7 What about killed roaming bands of enemy, do we game fame & relations?

#8 Do enemy “buildings” continue to respawn all over the map in perpetuity (it seems that they do regardless of how many i destroy)?

#9 If I get involved with Lords fighting each other (ie the Crisis) & I choose a side, will that permanently make the other faction forever hate me without any way for me to regain positive relations with them again? In other words, am I forever persona non grata or is there something I can do in the future to gain a positive relation?

Participant

1. Yes

2. Probably

3. Kind of

4. I’ve never had it happen, but I assume the game wouldn’t end immediately once the last settlement was destroyed; you’d still have your current supplies, and you’d be able to loot more supplies and food, though probably not much, and eventually you’d run out of things and people would desert and you’d get overrun by hordes of enemies or something …

5. Your Renown goes up by 25 for each contract completed, and by just 5 for each battle won (with or without a related contract)

6. Don’t think so

7. 5 fame and 0 relations, I think

8. Yes

9. No; relations slowly shift back towards neutral without you doing anything, and may more rapidly improve if you intervene on their side against bandits/monsters/greenskins/undead etc. (even if you were only doing it for the loot)

Participant

1. Yes

2. Probably

3. Kind of

4. I’ve never had it happen, but I assume the game wouldn’t end immediately once the last settlement was destroyed; you’d still have your current supplies, and you’d be able to loot more supplies and food, though probably not much, and eventually you’d run out of things and people would desert and you’d get overrun by hordes of enemies or something …

5. Your Renown goes up by 25 for each contract completed, and by just 5 for each battle won (with or without a related contract)

6. Don’t think so

7. 5 fame and 0 relations, I think

8. Yes

9. No; relations slowly shift back towards neutral without you doing anything, and may more rapidly improve if you intervene on their side against bandits/monsters/greenskins/undead etc. (even if you were only doing it for the loot)

ty for the answers; much appreciated

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.