Topic: should dagger have double grip effect?

• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Avatar photoIoci.
  • Author
    Participant

having an empty hand will help to grab your foe, preventing them from dodging, also helps you to keep balance, to deliver a punch, and even grab the weapon’s handle of your foe.
    but if you double grip a weapon, you lose all these advantage above, and even makes your combat movement a little bit uncomfortable, lower your own reach of the weapon, limit your hitting angle and so on.

issues:
    1.should human has “double grip”?
    2.should goblin has “double grip”?
    3.should orc has “double grip”?
    4.should undead has”double grip”?
    5.should all one hand weapon has “double grip” when not holding a shield?

my opinion:
    1.for human, yes and no.
    2.for goboo, yes
    3.for orc, no
    4.for undead, no
    5.for spear, yes;
    for sword, no;
    for hammer, no;
    for dagger, no;
    for mace, no;
    for cleaver, no;
    for flail, no;
    for axe, no.
    indeed many weapons when making the overhead attack or a thrust, may need both hands, but when you are attacking, you are not making all strike like full strength, you have to reserve your fatigue, and also keep your weak point from exposing.

and another thing, i always think that a pick-axe should be a 2 handed weapon, it weights a lot, and totally unbalanced if you try one yourself you will know what i mean.

Participant

Gameplay considerations trump realism. Current mechanic is clean and simple, what you propose is not.

Inactive

Gameplay considerations trump realism. Current mechanic is clean and simple, what you propose is not.

Participant

yea, you are right xD

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.