21. September 2016 at 12:06 #17357
Actual bugs (I think):
1) In one play though the game started crashing whenever i entered the inventory in battle.
2) in another play though all my guys got sick from an event. the game told me the disease would last 1-3 days, but after going away for a few guys it seemed to last forever for everyone else. I got the event on day 8 or 9 and I still had the disease on most men after day 17.
3) I experienced a game where contracts where really slow to spawn.
I’ve included save games for both the crashing game and the sickness game. I don’t have a save game for the no/few contracts game)
ETA: Apparently the save games exeed the allowed size, so they’re not included after all. Say if you need them and how to send them.
1) Id would be nice to be able to equip an item simply by dragging it to the Brothers portrait.; I often change my items around between battle brothers (say a brother is wounded and I want to move him to the back line) and it’s a bit bothersome to take a brothers gear of, then go to the other brother and put it on him and then go back to the other. Dragging it from one brother to the other in order for them to swap gear would be much more convenient or if the item was dragged from the inventory any gear could the brother was already wearing could be returned to the inventory.
2) Make talents more visible in combat. : I often forget which brothers have what talents, which mean I can’t use them effectively. I think it would be nice if there was a bar somewhere that showed the talents on the selected brother in combat. the bar could be optional in case some people might feel it cluttered the screen.
3) Make it easier to click cities/settlements. : I often accidentally click close to the city rather than on it, it and my brother then just stand there until I realize. I know the cursor change, but it’s also sometimes hard (or at least not easy) for me to find out where on the graphic the settlement actually is)
4) Make it possible to pursue groups consistently: following a group of for example thieves is often a bit of a bother, because my band goes to where the group last was and then stops. I constantly need to click to make them continue following. it feels rather pointless and aggravating.
5) speed up travel mode: It would be nice to be able to go to say double speed for normal travel, the uneventful travel between settlements can be a bit tedious, for example for patrol missions.
6) Make attack options visible on a weapon even when not equipped: Not being able to see the attack function on a weapon, means I have to equip it and look in order to see what it actually does.
7) Entering existing battles take to long and is frequently pointless because the fighting is done before you get there:: Perhaps place the band closer to the actual fighting, and/or when the battle is really lopsided in favor of the good guys just have it resolved instantly on the campaign map.
8) Make allied units passable. Fighting with allies becomes very aggravating due to the fat that the block movements.
9) Some sort of compare feature for men, armour or weapons would be nice: Basically the ability to look at two things on the same screen so I don’t have to go back and forth to see which man is better on which points.
Well that sure got long and complainy. As I said I really like the game, some things may not be possible etc. But I figure the point of the of the open alpha is to get feedback so this is mine :-)21. September 2016 at 12:52 #1735821. September 2016 at 13:55 #17359
Can you zip the savegames?
Don’t really have a program for that. I could probably figure it out somehow, but I figure it would be easier to just store them in a disposable gmail account so I did that. The Account is called BBsavegames@gmail.com and the password is BBsavegames1 (got really creative with the names there) the two B’s are capital in the password.21. September 2016 at 14:03 #1736021. September 2016 at 15:47 #1736325. September 2016 at 09:10 #17430
Having played some more I noticed two things.
First of all I think you need to readjust the attack/hold a position ai. I encountered a group of bandits with two acher and my 3 archers shot them to pieces. I even killed one of the archer and they still held back and exchanged arrowfire.
Secondly I think tools need to be more wiedly avaliable. I had to give up adventuring in a given area because there was only one set of tools avaliable in each town and they respawned to slowly, so middlegame egame I just couldn’t repair my armour and weapons as quickly as it got damaget and I’m leaving for more workshop intensive areas.25. September 2016 at 15:18 #17438PhalanthirParticipant
Firstly, thank you to create that game ! It is something new, something amazing! I have enjoyed that!
BUT! The last patch is as terrible as good it is. New weapons, skills, injury (that makes the early game fcking hard), new AI is epic, makes me feel like I play a real strategy game finally. But the “but” is there. It is too hard, i mean it is not challanging, it is madness, i have started a new game in veteran. It is ok, but the fact, I fight 7 ghouls with 7 mercaneries, I surrond one of them with 3 of my man, and i cant hit that ghoul under 3 rounds, (yeah it is 18 hits.. in early i can hit two .. ) but he kills my man… that is more than challanging, its a sh*t, made me really angry when it happened other fights too. The other one is bows, and crossbows, you totally failed in the new patch, it is not make the game harder, if my man hit his brother from behind them in 1 -2 tiles, pllllsss bows the same, its more than hilarious, i just laughed i massacre my own man with my archers, so my archers are only usefull for one turn? LOL bull… It is ok my archer sometimes hit my man from a 3-4 tile distance while they are in the shieldwall, but my archers hit my man more times than it find the enemy… ( I played in the new game 1 hour 8 battles, with my crossbow companion i could only have 13 hits… it is not that fucking hard to aim with a crossbow… anyway from 1-2 tiles, 5-6 meters.. i have tryed… 90+ chance to hit somebody… in real life)
Please make something about that… That makes the game hilarious, and i won’t play it until you fix. I was a peacefull player, but now i can’t play that without makes me really angry.
Sorry! You are all nice! Your game is fantastic anyway. Just please do that fix!
Adam25. September 2016 at 18:56 #17442
ALso I don’t know what happened exactly, but the game just got stuck on an enemys turn. He threw a javeling killed a caravan hand and then nothing happens. The game isn’t frozen. I can enter menues, but the bandit raider isn’t finishing his turn.25. September 2016 at 19:06 #1744325. September 2016 at 19:38 #17446
Mail us the logfile, please, so we can fix it.
I don’t know how to create/retrieve a log file, how is that done? (also I did clsoe the game, and play a bit on a different one, not sure if that overwrites the logfile or it keeps a longer record)1. October 2016 at 05:14 #17517
some further issues:
In my newest play through I entered a battle between a caravan and some bandits and won, but I decided to reload because I was curious whether letting the bandits kill the caravan would yield more loot :-). on the reload however the Bandits and the caravan where no longer fighting, simply two parties standing in close proximity who each went their way.
Also I encountered a town with a blast furnace, but there was no armor smith in town or otherwise access to more armour or weapons Town Felswacht. Also Hornwall directly to the south has a surface iron vein, which should increase access to weapons, but the town has an armorer not a weaponsmith.
I also encountered the problem that in battles the delay turn button is sometimes greyed out even though it’s the characters first round. The button is clickable, but the graphic implies it’s not.
I’m sending savegames for the first two problems to you email. the third I have no specific savegames for because it happens in mid battle but the problem is frequent in the play through, you could probably recreate it in a battle or two unless the problem is somehow dependent on my computer.
P.S. You never answered how to make logfiles.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.