Topic: Student Perk

• Author
    Participant

Who uses it?

It seems as though there’s no reason not to pick it, but I rarely bother anymore, because although those with the perk tend to reach level 11 faster than others who started at the same time, they don’t tend to reach level 11 before the others have reached level 10, and so (for most of the way) they have the same number of “active” perks that actually affect their effectiveness in battle (and thus their ability to gain experience). So usually, at some critical point when the core of the company is around levels 5-6, you’re thinking “most of us really need both perk A and perk B to take us to the next level … if only I’d chosen an active perk at the start; then I wouldn’t have the headache of choosing which one to take next”.

Wildmen start with -15% experience gain, but it’s not uncommon for talented wildmen (who are better able to wear and utilize quality equipment) to progress through the levels just as quickly as your starting companions.

Participant

This perk choose … optimists.

Participant

Using on anyone with decent talents. It also helps for 11+ so I still see it as being very strong for anyone you will want to keep.

Participant

There is no reason not to use it, unless you plan to lose this bro.

Participant

Using on anyone with decent talents. It also helps for 11+ so I still see it as being very strong for anyone you will want to keep.

The new description says it becomes inert after level 11.

Participant

Use it on new recruits so they can catch up to your high level bros faster? That’s what I do anyway

Participant

I pretty much always use the perk. Very little reason to not cut leveling time by 20%. A good number of the lowbie perks you don’t really need until you get to the higher levels where the brother becomes valuable enough to get Nine Lives and Recover (which are the two perks that I typically pick at lvl 11). Otherwise, some of the perks are still a bit too situational to rely on for a low level brother. (E.g. Injury perks, which are useless against undead, Dodge only really work for Archers, Colossus benefits more when you actually have more hit points to multiply, Iron Mind only for Sergeant, etc)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.