Topic: Suggestion: Deserters?

• Author
    Participant

Bandits aren’t really a problem at some point, so I has been thinking: why not introduce humans equipped in military-grade gear? Who, you ask? The deserters. It’d make sense to have them as enemies. They’d pillage the countryside just like bandits, but prove to be greater challenge due to their abilities and equipment. It’d also add some diversity, because I very rarely fight humans past the early game. It’s mostly orcs, sometimes undead. Beasts are almost impossible to be found at this point (got like 4 fights with werewolves for the whole 48 hours I am playing the game).

What do you think?

Participant

Rumor has it that the full game will have human factions fighting each other, so battles vs well equipped humans will probably happen.

Participant

Deserters reminds me a lot Mount and Blade. But I like it!

Keymaster

Both deserters (or something similar) as “Late game bandit enemies” as well as real human factions are on our planning schedule.
    I admit that most enemies at the moment can’t keep up with the player progression (maybe except orcs). So we are already discussing lots of late game content right now.

Overhype Studios - Let´s roll!

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

Both deserters (or something similar) as “Late game bandit enemies” as well as real human factions are on our planning schedule.
    I admit that most enemies at the moment can’t keep up with the player progression (maybe except orcs). So we are already discussing lots of late game content right now.

Bandits are really no threat at all once you go past leather armor. I do avoid them however because those !#%&#*&@ archers just keep running away and you spend a good 3-4 turns chasing them down. Annoying timesuck while the outcome is clear. I doubt it be easy to work into the game, but can you make archers make a “stand their ground” or something when they are all that is left of the opposing army? Because right now all they do is run, they can’t shoot or you’ll catch them so they run to the end of the map and you waste a lot of time chasing them when they are by all means just dead men walking. Makes me just cancel the fight when I see “a few bandit marksmen”.

Participant

The problem with orcs right now is that they come in “tiers” that are too far apart. Young orcs might need another trick up their sleeve while orc warriors might need to be scaled down a little bit.

Participant

Dark Knight Brotherhood… :D

Dark Knight

Keymaster

Regarding the “archer-chasing”, we are on the case.
    In one of the next updates enemies will be able to flee from the battle (at the egde of the screen), just like the player can. So when they see theres no chance to win anymore, they’ll rout and run away.

Overhype Studios - Let´s roll!

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.