Topic: [suggestion] Missions – more variety, more mission slots

• Author
    Participant

One thing that really annoys me are the missions.

1.) They dont seem to take any context into consideration, apart from the fact that the capital city(? i mean the one you start in) seems to have these “unique” missions that ask you to search for place X and report back for like 400 gold.

2.) Another problem is that there are only 3 mission slots and most of the time at least 2 of them are mission asking you to take someone from place A to place B. Another example of missions not taking context into account. Im a level 6 12 brothers unit, im not going to take someone to another city for 190 gold. Thats just a waste of time for me. I want a ~1400 gold “destroy [location X] mission”, and if i cant find that, i just go to another city and search there (a big waste of time).

3.) Missions dont refresh in a timely manner. It wouldnt be so annoying if i could take missions, cancel them, and then get new mission offers, but alas thats not possible. I dont know if they work via passage of time (if there is an available mission slot, add random mission after X amount of hours) or whatever, but it seems like they only refresh once i have moved on to another part of the map. Horrible design truly needs to be changed asap. In fact why dont you simply add a mission board which is essentially a big list of missions that you can take in that settlement? And simply let the player choose them base on their preference (kill location X or take someone somewhere). And possibly add some context scaling mechanic to make sure that a level 10 party doesnt get 2 out 3 missions that reward you with 190 gold, cuz thats just stupid.

4.) Missions should have some threat level indicator to avoid them being a noob trap. If a mission has a scripted encounter which requires roughly 12 people lvl 6 company, then this mission should have a dead red skull indicating that a starting company of 3 people has 0 chance of completing it.

5.) There should be some special early missions specially scripted for a beginner, when people first play your game, if they havent played games like Mount & Blade before, they will be completely lost without any clue what to do.

Keymaster

As previously announced, the contract system will be completely redone as part of our worldmap rework. We consider the currenct contract mechanics to be placeholders, something to give you a rough idea on where we want to go with Battle Brothers, and to give the players something to do with our initial Early Access release.

Overhype Studios - follow us!
    Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

Naturally, this is just constructive criticism from probably more than 40 hours of gameplay. Just giving you some ideas how they could work in the future.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.