Topic: Swordmaster Origin and New Offhand.

Tagged: 

• Author
    Participant

Enjoying the game a lot, so my brain started to brainstorm additions to the game. I have more ideas, but will post them separately.

I like swordmasters and sword builds, but prefer to build them with a sword, since riposte is a flexible skill and not so situational as lunge and gash are. So i thought it would be nice if the game adds an offhand Fencing Dagger/Main Gauche that adds riposte as a skill.

Fencing Dagger example:
    Off hand
    Worth: 200 (a little bit more than a normal dagger, same as kite shields)
    Durability: 40 (like normal daggers)
    Melee Defense: +5 (less than a buckler)
    Ranged Defense: 0 (has no cover)
    Max. Fatigue: -1 (having both hands busy should add a little fatigue)
    Miscellaneous: adds the ability riposte*, damage like normal dagger 15-35, 20% ignores armor, 60% effective against armor

Main Gauche example:
    Off hand
    Worth: 450 (a little bit more than a rondel)
    Durability: 50 (like a rondel)
    Melee Defense: +7 (less than a buckler)
    Ranged Defense: 0 (has no cover)
    Max. Fatigue: -2 (having both hands busy should add a little fatigue)
    Miscellaneous: adds the ability riposte*, damage like normal dagger 20-40, 20% ignores armor, 70% effective against armor

*ideally riposte damage should be based on the main hand weapon and only usable with bladed weapons, but since programming something like that is probably harder i suggested a more simple option.

New Origin: “The Master”, similar to Lone Wolf, but with a Swordmaster.
    The idea of this background is of a Swordmaster looking to leave a legacy of worthy apprentices.
    As with Lone wolf, the Swordmaster should be the players Avatar.
    Swordmaster should start in level 3 and have 2 companions, an apprentice and a assistant. (An Apprentice with fixed stars in the following skills Melee Skill, Melee Defense and Resolve, and maybe a Brawler that acts as the Master assistant, both with padded armor and a short sword.)
    Talents stars should be fixed in the following skills, 3 stars in melee defense, 3 stars in initiative and 2 stars in fatigue. (Since swordmasters already starts with a high melee skill, the idea behind having this stars is to be able to build a nimble/dodge build without loosing so much when the swordmasters gets old, players who are not interested in such a build can ignore the Initiative rolls)
    The swordmaster should start with a Fencing Sword and Fencing Dagger (see above), Duelist Hat, Padded Leather, Cheese and a bandage.
    Every 30 days in game the Swordmaster can train/teach** a member of the company in one of the following skills: +2 to melee skill, or +2 melee defense, or +2 to resolve (stay calm in battle)
    ** So far backgrounds that can learn through events from a Swordmaster, are Adventurous Noble, Apprentice, Bastard and Disowned Noble and Squire, for this origin other backgrounds could be added like Brawler and Killer on the Run.
    A member of the company can only train/learn 3 times this way and needs to be part for the company for at least 30 days before he is eligible for the event. Each time the Swordmasters teaches he gains +1 to the skill he teaches. Not all backgrounds can be trained or learn from a Swordmaster. As with Lonewolf, the Rooster should be restricted to a max. of 12.
    A possible restriction for this origin would be recruits, some non combat backgrounds as for example Beggar, Cripple, Cultist, Daytaler, Farmhand, Fisherman, Gravedigger, Lumberjack, Mason, Miller, Miner, Monk, Peddler, Servant, Shepherd and Tailor; would not be available for recruitment in towns, but could join the company through events.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.