Topic: Treasure hunt

• Author
    Participant

Since last update I found myself in constant greedy hunt for rare items, but whole mechanic of its appearence in world is not clear for me.

So far I found 5 items:

Armor in bandit base;
    Spear in necromancer hideout;
    Pike in some goblin lair (don’t remember details on this one);
    Long axe in burial with pile of skulls;
    Bow in unique (I think so) location “Black fortress”, kind of evil dungeon, stairs in ground, it was in unmapped corner of map and contained pretty hard fight with various undeed.

Then I looted same types of locations again and again and nothing. Its just some kind of random chance (and I was unlucky) or drops tailed to some specific place once while map generated and this is all? Roll-places never regenerate? It looks like some places have this chance and other not at all.

Another 6-7 items I seen in city shops (once 2 at same time). Again, they just randomly rerolled once a week or something? Or there is some more tricky system?

Someone accomulated more precise info or may be we can sum our findings? I will be very greatful, this nice items warm heart of old mercenary. I want more.

Participant

Hey there,

try to ask in Taverns about rumors. Sometimes they’ll tell you where to find rare items, like: “Goblins north from here killed the best shieldmaker in the city, they took a lot a his wares, too.”

Participant

looks like only special named places like goblin’s cityes, main orc’s bases and so have some rare items. all the rest- just real random + taverns rumors, yes

Participant

On the third day, on my way back from a city to the starting village to slay Hoggart the Weasel I came across a ruined castle at night. I had my 3 starting companions and 4 fishermen I hired and gave round shields and spears. I found 9 bandits, a mix of raiders, thugs and marksmen. It was a tough fight for a new company and I lost my two handed axeman companion and a fisherman but killed the raider who slew him and 5 others. The last three fled. That’s when I found in the loot of this battle the Unsung Hero’s Vanquisher. Its the same two handed sword on page 52 of Pauls art corner in the battle brothers forum, the second one with the gold hilt and red gripping. Its max damage output is 140 and it causes less fatigue and is better than a common two hander in every way. I was shocked to find this on my third day, and I gave it to my spear and shield starting companion, who used it to decapitate Hoggart the weasel in a single blow. I past day 400 and my grey bearded “captain” is still alive and taking heads with the vanquisher thanks to his blood thirsty trait. This has turned out to be the best company I ever created. Can anyone tell me if they have encountered a more powerful weapon? I will post a picture of it tomorrow.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.