Topic: Underused perks buff

Tagged: 

• Author
    Participant

Some of the perks seem weak so few players bother selecting them. I think some minor adjustments would make them more desirable.

Taunt: rarely taken perk since doesn’t help kill enemies, or even reduce their damage output, just causes them to switch targets. 4 AP/15 fatigue also seems fairly high. In comparison, Shield Wall is 4 AP/20 fatigue.
    I have it on one of my tanks, but seems too situational. Tanks are already highly fatigue-constrained so he can rarely use it, much less justify it over Shield Wall, just to divert an attack or two from a 2H merc.
    You could reduce the cost, particularly the fatigue amount, but I think the better option would be to make the debuff last longer. A duration of three rounds, but limited to one target (ie. if you Taunt again, the previous target loses the Taunt debuff) should be balanced and a worthwhile expenditure of the fatigue.

Adrenaline Rush: reduction in fatigue cost to 20.

Bags and Belts: a further reduction by half (rounded down) for the fatigue cost of all items in bag slots, so now only quarter fatigue cost. Alternatively, no fatigue cost at all for bag items.

Fortified Mind: increase to 35% since resolve is a weaker stat.

Mace Mastery: Knock Out will stagger if target is stun immune.

Hold Out: could probably also use a small buff, say a bonus to morale checks when taking hp damage, or a slightly reduced chance to get an injury.

Participant

Adrenaline Rush is good enough now. I take this perk for may polearms and longaxes men, sometimes at first lvlup if they have high fatigue.

Fortified Mind is obligatory for sergant without any replacement.
    On the one hand you don’t give this perk someone with bad resolve, cause profit will be small, for someone with good resolve this perk is useless often.
    Maybe it will be good idea if this perk also gives +1 resolve at lvlup resolve-roll – it means that you can’t make chicken-heart man brave at once, but you can improve him day by day.

About Taunt, I think it should be passive perk or on/off perk – everyone attacked by this man must attack him this turn. Maybe with on/off system you will be spend addition fatigue per attack (+2-3), what seems balanced.

Bags and Belts is good to be merge with quick hands.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.