Topic: Unit Facing

• Author
    Inactive

Currently, the busts face either to the right if they are on the side of the player (i.e. militia and battle brothers) the opposing factions face to the left. I presume this is so the player can distinguish which bust belongs to whom. I think this is a missed opportunity; facing has a particular tactical element in many other games, but as of now regardless of which direction a unit attacks or moves, they always face in the same direction. An arrow to the back of a fleeing opponent should have a higher chance of hitting (especially a shielded opponent).

I dunno, I think theres also an awkwardness, it feels very gamey that the units always look in one direction. I think once the faction flags are fully implemented it should be easy for the player to distinguish who belongs to who.

Participant

The tactical depth it would add would not out-way the tedium of properly facing each brother on a given turn, or the re-balance of how that would effect action points. The combat system is sort of abstracted in the first place, the loss of the added realism is not missed by me.

Participant

I like current system. Is simple and work well.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.