Topic: Weapons degenerate too fast

• Author
    Participant

Okay, I find this totally absurd and needs to be fixed:

With Perfect Focus, I am running through as many as 3 or even 4 weapons every big fight on my melee DPS guys. I think this is a bit too much. Since I need to carry FIVE two handers to be safe, I have no room for anything but spare weapons in my bags.

And this issue is not a long fight issue exclusively. Even in a FOUR round fight, I just broke 3 greataxes. I could have greatly alleviated the weapon degeneration issue with Weapon Master, but in a Perfect Focus build, that’s inefficient, as you’d lose as much as half of your DPS or more perhaps if you take Weapon Master instead of Battle Flow. (For a point of reference, in that four round fight, one melee did 5500 damage; before when I used to take Weapon Master instead of Battle Flow, I never recall doing more than 3000 in a four round fight.)

Participant

Addendum: I just noticed that two handers oddly have lower durability than one handers; can this change? That would help a great deal. As is, I don’t think greatswords would be even usable for well built Perfect Focus characters, as the durability is significantly lower than even the greataxe.

Participant

Perfect Focus breaks a weapon FASTER but not HARDER. Perfect Focus uses weapons in an extremely extreme way, where time is frozen until the user can’t lift a finger at all. Of course this will make the weapons look fragile.

Also, if you tend to use AREA ATTACKS of 2h weapons very frequently, you’re actually dealing FAR LOWER damage/durability. If I’m not mistaken, it doesn’t matter how much damage you dealt, your weapon durability will reduce by 4 EVERYTIME it touches an enemy’s armor. On the other hand, the durability WILL NEVER DECREASE if the weapon hits enemy’s body.

You should remember to switch the weapon to avoid it from breaking.
    – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
    As a reference or illustration:
    Greatsword’s Overhead Strike provides 826 total dmg for each inventory slot (118 average body dmg x 7 times before broken). Let’s multiple this number by 1.5x(a simply decided multiplier) because some enemies have no armor and armor dmg is 1.45x of body dmg(overhead strike) = about 1200 dmg per inventory slot (extremely conservative estimation)

in large scale battle where 6000 dmg is required to be dealt, you ONLY need to bring 5 greatswords WITH 12 brothers (5/36 inventory slots), if you switch them away timely none will break.

What if I’ve failed to defeat necromancerS timely or zombieS keep reviving, you ask? ( ̄◇ ̄;)

Okay~~ Okay~~~ you can bring 3 more weapons!!! (5/36 inventory slots ==> 8/36 inventory slots) Are you happy now? щ(ºДºщ)
    – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
    While we still at weapon durability/ammo, I humbly request Devs to increase the ammo in quivers by 5. Melee weapons do not degenerate against body or when hits are missed but ranged weappn will still use ammo EVEN if it missed. I suspect this improvement will disrupt the game balance a little but everyone needs a little more motivation to use ranged weapons. Otherwise ranged weapon and ranged perk have even less value and meaning.

Inactive

Weapons actually breaking is extremely rare and generally not due to extended use but one single improper use that bends the weapon in a way it cannot bend, shattering it. Weapons can dull over time, and the grip can loosen over time so it is less effective than when it is new, but these things take a *long* time and can be repaired. I think we should totally change the way weapon durability works. The more durability damage a weapon takes, the less damage that weapon does, and there should be a minimum multiplier for damage, (Ie; the lowest multiplier possible is 0.5). On top of that, there should be a very low chance that the weapon fully breaks every time the weapon is used. This chance should be something like 0.1% as it is an extremely rare occurrence. If we want to keep our current weapon durability system, the weapon should at least not be completely 100% lost after the battle, as that’s kind of silly.

Participant

Were all greataxes used by the same person? I only broke my weapons when combat was exceptionally long and against enemies who had a plenty of armor, but even then such cases were very rare. I also tend to use archers with crossbows and spread damage with all characters, so that might be why I don’t experience weapon degeneration as strongly as you do.

I like the idea of weapon losing effectiveness as durability gets lower and lower, but shouldn’t its durability be improved then?

Participant

>> Weapons actually breaking is extremely rare and generally not due to extended use but one single improper use that bends the weapon in a way it cannot bend, shattering it.
    True. You can easily break a wooden spear. But you might have very hard time to break something like this.

>> Weapons can dull over time, and the grip can loosen over time so it is less effective than when it is new, but these things take a *long* time and can be repaired.
    Let me supplement something to further support your point. If the blade is chipped and parts are loosened, yes you can repair it. But you probably can’t the repair damage done to the core of blade(sword) or pole(spear). You have to replace almost the entire thing.

It requires an unknown amount of battles or years for a metal weapon to absorb enough impact to be weakened. When it happens, a sword will actually break like what you’ve seen in movies. Otherwise a sword will only break if you swing it against pillar with strength of superman.

With all things said, real weapons don’t break easily, so how do we incorporate realistic weapon durability system into game?

>> I think we should totally change the way weapon durability works. The more durability damage a weapon takes, the less damage that weapon does
    >> I like the idea of weapon losing effectiveness as durability gets lower and lower

This is more or less related to sharpness of weapons with blades.
    How about blunt type weapon? They won’t lose much efficiency due to repeated use because they do not rely much on sharpness.
    – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
    It’s not easy to make weapon durability system in a game to be realistic & fun, though I want to see that happen. If it happens, I want armor durability system to be realistic too, otherwise the incoherence make will the system looks weird. Anyway, I find the current durability system satisfying.

Participant

Were all greataxes used by the same person? I only broke my weapons when combat was exceptionally long and against enemies who had a plenty of armor, but even then such cases were very rare. I also tend to use archers with crossbows and spread damage with all characters, so that might be why I don’t experience weapon degeneration as strongly as you do.

Yes, but my melee DPS guys are swinging ten or more times per turn quite often though.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.