Topic: Where did the "no crisis" button go?

• Author
    Participant

Hey,

didn’t have time to play after the full release, now that I’ve finally got some spare hours to sink my teeth into the game and want to start a new campaign I find that I can no longer choose to skip the endgame crisis.

What gives?

Checked the updates, I see no info about the option being removed. It’s nice that we can now choose to save the cities from destruction but I honestly dislike the whole crisis system in it’s current incarnation (mostly because I don’t play a sandbox game in order to race the clock) and was very glad when the option to turn it off was introduced. Now it’s gone, for no apparent reason. “Permanent Destruction” option does NOT serve the same purpose.

What’s the point of first giving a (single)player more customization options, and then taking them away?

Please reinstate the option to turn off the crises – I understand that you’ve given them your best shot but the concept simply doesn’t work for those of us who want to decide the pacing of their own (sanbox!) game for themselves.

Thanks!

Participant

Holy crap, you’re right. It’s gone Jim.

It’s also possible that it’s there but is invisible because of other UI adjustments made for the seed bar and the permanent destruction option, in which case the exclusion was not intended, but a UI problem. I doubt they’d take it away on purpose.

Participant

Hey. Would really like that back.

I zipped you a day 1 backup of two of my saves without late game crisis.
    “Defiant Few” campaign needs the Fangshire Helmet DLC for you to run. The “Misfits” one was started without that to share with my friend.
    Both campaigns are on expert ironman, sadly I don’t have any others.

Anyways my latest campaign is with lategame crisis but without permanent destruction. The noble war you can pretty much ignore – they also don’t pay well so it’s mostly very high risk for almost nothing in return. You try to surround the knight and dagger him? Too bad that allied piker got the lasthit and now you get nothing. I am currently at the undead crisis and it’s a lot of fun and very profitable as well. For one contract to destroy 2 camps, even with just 4k pay if you dagger fallen heroes it’s like 10-15k per contract.

For me, noble war stretched out over 100 ingame days or so and the second crisis started around day 220 so I had enough time to prepare.

Attachments:
    Participant

@Namespace

I had the same experience. Loved the Undead and Greenskin Invasions. The Noble War is my least favorite. It’s not as bad if it comes up last though since you should have super mario brothers by then. The fact that “allys” Can steal your kill and all associated rewards (loot/exp) no matter who did the most damage doesn’t help much. I’ll save that critique for another thread though.

Participant

Hey. Would really like that back.

For me, noble war stretched out over 100 ingame days or so and the second crisis started around day 220 so I had enough time to prepare.

100 in-game days??? Seriously? My noble war felt like it ended so fast, maybe 40 days. I wanted it to last much longer as I didn’t get to experience all the contract types :( Was doing so well and was making huge profits, but ran out of tools to salvage all the stuff I to make more profits so I just sold without repairing. (expert/non-ironman)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.